Ch. 1 - A Small Parcel

Ink was late. Again.

Undertale Sans - also known as Classic - sat tapping his phalanges on the ridiculously long table as he, and the others waited. He contemplated a nap. Several others looked to be entertaining the same idea.

The seating arrangement was loosely based on universe type and who had the most influence. As Undertale was the original universe and had many, many copies, this left Sans next to the leaders of the Star council. Nearby was Underfell, Underswap and a variety of Swapfell and Fellswap from Reds, Golds, Purples and whatevers.

Sans never really understood why there were so many types of Swapfell and Fellswap and why they weren't just considered copies - Ink had probably been going through an experimental phase - and Sans was too lazy to figure out what made them each different. It wasn't his business to go poking into their lives.

Other AU's present included Outertale, Dancetale, Echotale, Underlust, Birdtale, Storyshift - and many, many more, each with a single, or in some cases double representative of their respective AU's. It was by no means everyone. Most of the AU's that fall under the category 'too evil' or 'too innocent' or were just recently created were usually deemed best left in the dark about the multiverse. Littletale and yanderetale for example were not present. It was also rare to involve a copy unless there was some kind of accident or they find out on their own - like Blue. There were also the ones everyone had an unspoken agreement about avoiding ... like Jerrytale or the one where everyone has Mettaton's legs.

Sans' eyesockets were beginning to slip closed as his head began to bob as he fought sleep for a few seconds more. He really wished he was back home. Papyrus had been trying to make a new dish for supper under the supervision of Toriel, so he knew it was bound to be good.

Sure, the Star Council was formed as a preventative measure against multiversal threats like Nightmare and his gang or Error, the literal Destroyer of Worlds. But it would still have been nice to hang out a little more with his brother - especially since Ink is usually late to these meetings ... even though Ink's also usually the one to call them.

Blue and Dream were doing their best to keep everyone placated, but Sans could already tell an argument was brewing from one or more fellverse rep.

His eyes close and his head thuds against the table, but he doesn't mind - he's already asleep.

***

It only feels like he closed his eyes for a moment, but when he opens them again things have already drastically changed.

A Swapfell Papyrus is sleeping with his head back at an uncomfortable looking angle, sharp toothed mouth agape, feet on the table. There is a stack of balanced office supplies on his forehead. Several other napping skeletons have met a similar, but equally creative fate - no two stacks the same.

Reaching up to his own head, Sans pulls off a pair of fluffy cat ears, not having escaped the shenanigans himself. He wonders who the nap-bandit was, as he decided to title them.

A Fellswap Sans appears to glare at him for no apparent reason. Probably for self-important reasons.

Blue seems to be hosting group origami with another Underswap Sans, his lap absolutely buried in papercrains that crinkle at his every little move.

For some reason Fell Sans was tied up to a chair wearing a dunce hat and a sign around his neck saying "I swore in front of Blue even after he asked me to stop. No means No!," with a smug looking Lust taunting him.

G appeared to be making and remaking a card tower by stealing cards from a poker game Fellswap ... Gold(?) Sans and Papyrus appear to have started, much to their displeasure.