Ch. 2 - A Tiny Misunderstanding

The two edgy bitties exchanged a look as the Sansy named Count collapsed. They were thinking the same thing.

Who the fuck was this bitty?

First, he manages to teleport through a solid object to get inside the box, a feat of magic in a bitty near unheard of. Secondly, he calls himself "Undertale Sans number 208." It was possible he was referring to being the 208th Sansy produced, making him about 20 years old, but neither knew what the hell he was referring to when he said "Undertale."

Maybe it was the street name of his last family.

The shorter fell bitty was wearing a black jacket with fur lining, He looked to his taller counterpart (wearing a red and black plaid cardigan) who was staring at the collapsed heap in befuddlement. To anyone unfamiliar with this taller fell type of bitty, they would have mistaken most his expressions for constant glaring.

The smoke appeared to be clearing at least, and hadn't risen to an uncomfortable level.

"hey uh, dagger ..." The shorter asks, sweating and fingers flexing. "you think this is gonna look ... bad?"

"HUH?"

The taller fell, Dagger, finally taking his eyes off the surprise guest. It had been clear by the way the Sansy had gotten up that he was at least somewhat injured.

Dagger scoffed realizing what was insinuated.

"AND WHY WOULD WE LOOK BAD, CLOAK?" He crossed his arms, not making eye contact, looking anything but happy. "WE ARE CLEARLY NOT AT THE FAULT OF THIS BITTY PUSHING HIS LIMITS."

The shorter fell, named Cloak, shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other.

"... we both know they're not gonna listen to that. they're gonna take one look at an injured bitty in a box with two fells and that's that." then quieter, he added. "and when they see our records of returns and ... well."

Near imperceptibly, Dagger began to pout as he tapped his foot. He knew this wasn't a good situation for them, but it was just unfair.

The two of them had been passed from one home to the next, being blamed for destruction and other things. Sure, they were indeed the culprit for some things, as Cloak had a bad habit of breaking and clawing things when stressed, and Dagger did not feel safe around animals or being physically handled by children and strangers and would fire off a few warning shots when things went too far.

But half the time it was because a pre existing pet or child instigated the behavior - but that couldn't possibly be the real culprit, as fells were notorious house wreckers and can be violent. The entitlement of some people...

Who cares if the pamphlet explains it's due to stressful environments and they were bitties recommended for those without pets or children? Not enough potential buyers, that's for sure.

Who cares that they were originally created for a specific, at risk demographic, in order to fight off burglars and assholes, or to ensure that someone was able to call help should someone end up in a nasty situation? A demographic including elderly, special needs and people with traumatic experiences that don't feel safe alone?

Who cares that somewhere in the creation process something "went wrong" causing them to lean toward less than savory speech patterns? Granny knew the f-word looong before her kids were even a consideration, sweetie. No need for any lawsuits to get in a twist about it.

They are not a regular family pet. They are a protective bitty type meant for guarding a single, or maybe - maybe - double ward. A family was too many to keep track of for a four inch guard. The problem was, the company hadn't expected just how many people would ignore the very clear guidelines.