Ch. 16 - Small Progress

The next two hours went by in a blur of activity. At least for Count.

The bitties got to know the new additions, napped and even came to offer suggestions to Count who was at the computer. He only had to reassure a few of the bitties that Rock would be okay once or twice.

He had managed to make his phone compatible with the Surface internet by routing it through his inventory (a work around through the void meant he'd never be out of signal, nor need to pay, heh).

They also now had a website for computer science, bitty clothes and accessories, and Count had helped Hoods set up an account to self publish his book idea. Kid even popped in to offer more of what had gathered about the human's shady deals and it was added to the automatic email.

As for money he'd have to figure out a way to convert his G as gold. But for the worth they held? Count could work with that.

He put items he wanted to buy on a wishlist in preparation regardless.

The ad he put out received an application. They were honestly over qualified, but they were also the only ones to apply that were willing to wait for payment. After texting back and forth they were willing to also take care of their media exposure or something. It had to do with making sure that people would be led to their business. They had offered.

They seemed like a good kid. They wanted work experience before they went off and did their own thing and felt like volunteering for a starting business was the best way to do it.

Count also added a couple spare changes of bitty clothes to his inventory and also nabbed the heating lamp while he was at it. Not that they'd have power but maybe he could buy a small generator when he picks up enough Surface currency. Or hook it up to a hamster wheel for the more energetic bitties to power it.

12:29:38 AM.

Now was the best time to go. Gathering everyone, they stood in another meeting in the display. The street was quiet and dark. Count had his phone open to 'Google Maps' and was showing them the route they would need to take.

"ok. so we're here." Count pointed to a spot then expanded the map. "this is where we're heading. on the way we have a few stops, such as this store." Another point, this time to some place a little off route. "where they should have magnets that can deactivate any chips y'all may have."

"WHY NOT THIS STORE?" Raspberry asked, pointing to one that was much more on the way to the factory. "IT SHOULD ALSO HAVE MAGNETS."

"because before the chips are out, they may record their history." Count pointed out. "this way they'll be looking in the wrong direction."

Raspberry simply hummed in acknowledgement as he studied the map intensely.

"we'll also be passing a mama cry rescue if anyone wants to sneak off when we get around here." Count pointed to a street just before they would reach the store.

There were a few glances at Napoleon, but no one said anything.

"then after that." Count continued. "we can cut through the park to save time. that marks the halfway point."

"that's the park i stayed at." Punz said, pointing. "i'll get us through there no problemo."

Rock also pointed at himself with a nod to say it was the one he was at too.

Seemed like a popular place for lost bitties. Easy to lose a chaser, even if they knew your approximate location with a chip.

Count nodded his thanks. "then i'll leave that to you. from there we cut behind the fast food stores and library to make our way to the factory. it used to produce chips, so maybe we'll be in luck and there'll be a few products and spices left for us to use."