Ch. 14 - Tiny Morals

(A/N: alright, alright. it's 'sci-fi' not 'sy-fy,' i hear you - sheesh XD

... go back and fix it? Why? ;P 

also enjoy this small drawing of Punz and Hoods as Punz tells the story of Samantha yet again )

***

Over the next dozen minutes, Kid went into more detail about his time with his old owners. The first was driven to depression, and the second eventually grew tired with Kids mood swings until he was dropped off when it was too much.

A couple times Candy had to bring him out of a red hazzed stupor as Kid got lost in a memory. Some of the things he said in that state were far more disturbing than simply retelling what happened. Such as where he would have done a better job at keeping 'his humans' attention and making them loved. Some of the ideas were ... concerning to put mildly. But it did give Count a heads up at the very least.

Whenever he was snapped out of it he would frown and sigh sadly. Kid knew he had problems, which is exactly why he was worried for Count. What if one day he might 'perfect' whatever plan he had for the one he gained his attachment to? He feared he'd be stuck in that state forever. Guiltlessly. Endlessly.

Sure his morals have always been a little gray, but it was to (what he would like to think) the more acceptable and limited side. He felt no real guilt with using a few bluffs or blackmail if it was for the greater good. Though he didn't like lying, it too served a purpose at times ... mot that he was very good at it if asked things directly.

"SO." Kid summarized, tapping his fingers. "BASICALLY YOU WANNA LOOK OUT FOR SUDDEN BURSTS OF ANGER, JEALOUSY IN OTHERS, MANIPULATION AND CLINGINESS THAT CORRESPONDS TO REDDENING OF MY EYELIGHTS." He gave a light chuckle. "NO PROMISES I WON'T DO ANY OF THOSE WITHOUT BEING ATTACHED ANYWAY, BUT AT LEAST IT WON'T BE MALICIOUS IN NATURE AND WON'T BE PERSON SPECIFIC."

"like how you threatened to tell the human about my watch?" Count pointed out. "and not to discreetly hint at how he wasn't the most trustworthy to care for bitties?"

Kid waved the facts off. "AS A SANSY YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN PUNISHED. AT MOST YOU WOULD HAVE HAD TO GIVE UP THE WATCH. SOMETIMES A HALF TRUTH IS MORE CONVENIENT THAN A FULL LIE."

Candy just shrugged as if to say 'what can you do, he's right.'

Kid leaned forward and propped his skull on his hands, elbows on knees, giving Count his full attention. His expression was teasing and curious all at once.

"WELL I TOLD YOU MINE." Kid smirked. "CARE TO ELABORATE ON A FEW MORE THINGS ABOUT YOU, MR SCI-FI?"

"okay." Count sighed but decided he could give out a little more. "but first let me fill you in on the plan you missed."

And so he gave yet another summary.

Teleport out with a few extras, lay low in an abandoned building and start a couple online warehouse. Even if they didn't take off, Count had enough G to last a year or two comfortably. Provided he figures out how to convert it all without giving away the fact he's a bitty.

Simple as that.

Kid blinked after the explanation. "IF WE'RE CREATING ONLINE BUSINESS FOR ONLINE SHOPPING, WOULDN'T IT BE SMART TO SET UP AT LEAST ONE BITTY SPECIFIC SITE TOO?"

Count facepalmed at the oversight. "okay, that is a really good idea. i kinda tunnel visioned on tech cuz that's what i needed at the time. though happy already suggested custom bitty cloths."

"why're so insistent on having access to tech stuff anyways?" Candy asked, hands casually behind his skull.

Count paused before deciding he might as well tell them. "i was going to try and reverse what happened to me."