19• What feels like home

🔹️🔹️ Crystal Russell 🔹️🔹️

I was at Hannah's place along with three other friends for a sleepover. I was excited after a very long time. We had fun all day, had pizza and ice creams for dinner and by midnight, we decided to watch a horror movie. 

After many arguments, we finally concluded that we would watch Annabelle. 

The lights of the room were turned off and the door was shut. The only source of light was the screen of the laptop playing the movie that fluctuated from bright to dim. The four of us were sunk in the bed under the warmth of the blanket.  

The movie went on with some scenes that made us flinch but we laughed it off while munching on the choco-chunks. 

I had always hated dolls. Even barbies. I had never played with them in my childhood either. So the only thing I actually hated or let's say scared me in the movie was obviously, Annabelle. 

Not her actions but her appearance. 

Soon, when the movie ended, for the millionth time I told my friends how much that doll disgusted me and they all agreed with it. 

By almost 3 in the night, we all had drifted off to sleep. At least, that's what I thought. 

I was never a very deep sleeper. So while I was in my slumber, I felt the blanket slide down my body, exposing me to the cold. I brought it back to me but it happened again. I stopped caring about it after multiple tries but this time, I was a bit more conscious, although still sleeping. 

After a few seconds, a hand slid on my waist, grabbing me tightly. I groaned and shrugged it off thinking it was one of my friends but it circled me again, more tightly this time. 

I finally opened my eyes and turned around to see the face of the one who had been disturbing me. 

And I almost got a cardiac arrest when I saw Annabelle terrifically grinning at me. 

I pushed myself off the bed and screamed in the dark room. All my friends were missing. Just like in the movie, that disgusting creature sprinted towards me in her white dress and I stumbled upon my feet and fell on the ground. Somehow I crawled to a corner and hid my face on my knees, crying in fear. 

I could sense it's movement. It hovered over me and I squirmed. It touched my shoulder and screamed loudly. 

The lights turned on. 

All my friends came running to me and hugged me tightly, making it hard for me to breathe. When they pulled back, I saw their faces. They were guilty about something but they were giggling. They were concerned about me but there was a mischievous glint in their voices. They apologised to me for something but they barely meant it. 

I saw 'Annabelle' wiping her face with a tissue and a familiar face appeared to me. 

It was Megan, Hannah's younger sister.

It took me a while to realize what had happened. 

They had pranked me. 

.

.

"Bwahahahahahaaa" A loud laughter echoed in the room and I glared at Adrien who was rolling on the bed while grabbing his stomach. 

"Stop laughing, you moron! I had a near-death experience." I hit him with the pillow but he didn't stop. 

"Wow! That was hilarious! I wish I could see it live." He laughed even more and I huffed in annoyance.