33• Stay Forever

🔹️🔹️Crystal Russell🔹️🔹️

As I slowly opened my eyes, everything started to rotate. My vision was blurry and my eyes strained. Groaning in pain, I clenched my eyes shut again. When I opened my eyes again, I saw a beautiful girl with short brown hair looking at me with concern.

She ran to the door and whisper-yelled. "Adrien, She's awake."

I tried to get up and she came back to me and gave me some water. I tried to smile at her and gulped down the water before thanking her.

"Hi. I'm Brianne. Adrien's friend." She hesitantly introduced herself and I nodded. Adrien barged into the room and looked at me sternly. Sighing, he came closer and sat by me on the bed. His stern expression suddenly looked guilty.

"How are you feeling?" He asked softly.

Gathering some energy, I mumbled. "Weak."

"Of course. That's what happens when you don't eat anything for three whole days." I didn't say anything and simply looked down at my hands. "Lily has cooked the food, I'll get it here for you." He was about to get up but Brianne stopped her.

"I'll get it. You should stay." She said to him and walked out before glancing at me.

"That's Brie, by the way." Adrien said as she left.

Brie. I think I have heard that name before.

..

..

Adrien's ex-girlfriend.

I looked up at him with a small frown. "Your ex?" I asked and he gave a small nod.

What was she doing here? Adrien had told me that she cheated on him with Alan Marshall and then ran away. Then why was she here in Adrien's house?

"There's a lot you have to catch up to. Turns out that she never betrayed me. It was Sophie who had framed her." He said with a clenched jaw. When his face shows clear anger but his voice stays calm, it scares the crap out of me.

She hadn't betrayed her and now she is back. I felt a pang in my chest. Is this why he wanted a divorce? Because his real love was back. Millions of thoughts began running inside my head. He was going to leave me.

Adrien was about to choose his first love over me, his contractual wife.

Tears formed in my eyes but I held them back. I didn't raise my head to look at him. Not even when he squeezed my hand under his.

"Have some food. We'll talk about everything else later." I heard him.

"Did you eat?" I asked him, trying to divert my mind.

"Obviously. In fact, I ate double of what I mostly do. Food is my therapy." I chuckled at him. Adrien and his food.

I wish I could cook for him once again. One last time.

Brie knocked on the door and came in with a tray of food in her hand. Adrien took it from her and placed it on my lap. "Finish it all then take those medicines." I nodded at him and looked down at the food.

"Adrien, can you come out for a minute." Brie softly told him. I look up at them. Brie looked at him with hopeful eyes. Adrien glanced at me and mouthed 'I'll be back' before getting up and leaving with her.

Now was the time. Adrien would ask me to get out of his life. Everything between us would finish.

I couldn't stop the tears from rolling down my cheeks. This was so wrong. I shouldn't be so upset about it when I knew that this thing between us had to come to an end.