6• You're more than a friend

🔹️🔹️Adrien Russell🔹️🔹️

I was pissed as I left Dad's office. Where did the idea of marriage come from? How the hell could Dad conclude on my behalf that I would marry a stranger. Frustrated, I drove to that one person who I could talk to at the moment.

"Hello, Ms. Stuart." I smiled at the elderly woman who opened the door for me when I rang the bell.

"Hello, Adrien. Come in." She cheered and I passed her a smile. "It's been a long time. Ms. Stuart, Sophie's cook tapped my shoulder.

"Yes. I've been a little busy." I replied.

"Hmm. I understand. Have a seat, I will call Sophie." Just as she said that, Sophie came running down the stairs with a huge smile.

"Hey, Adrien!" She hugged me tightly and I returned it.

"Hey, Soph." We sat on the couch and Ms. Stuart returned to the kitchen, leaving us alone.

"So.. how did you suddenly think of seeing me after ghosting for five days?" She taunted me playfully and I let out a chuckle.

"You know about the controversy, I have been trying to avoid being in public." I told her honestly.

"Oh, Come On. You know how the media exaggerates everything. Don't lock yourself because of them. Anyway, what actually happened? You never told me."

I explained the whole story on her insistence and she listened to everything carefully without judging me.

"You are a great person, Adrien. You have a heart of gold. You helped that girl and believe me, nothing bad will happen to you." She passed me a smile and hugged me. "Everything will be alright."

"I seriously doubt that." I mumbled pulling over.

"What do you mean? She asked.

I sighed before telling her. "Instead of things being sorted out, I have got myself into deeper shit." A deep frown formed on her forehead as I continued.

"Dad had asked me to marry that girl, Crystal. He thinks that this could possibly shut down the media if we portray her as my fiancé and not just any random girl." As I looked at Sophie after telling her that, I saw her eyes widen as if she had seen a ghost.

"What?!" She screeched on the top of her voice. "Y-you refused him, r-right?" She held my shoulders. I could feel the panic rise in her that made me frown.

"I tried to but he had concluded his decision. I am still tr-" I tried to explain but she didn't let me.

"Just because your Dad asked you to, you will marry a girl like her." Sophie was practically yelling and I was confused about her reaction. She stood up from the couch and rubbed her temples.

"You. You cannot marry her. How can you marry her?! How can you marry anyone, Adrien??" Her shouts echoed in the empty house.

"Calm down, Sophie." I stood up and held her shoulders. I knew she would be shocked to hear this but I never expected such a reaction from her.

"How can I calm down?" Tears started flowing down her eyes. "I love you, Adrien! How can I stay calm when you are talking about marrying another girl? To me, you are much more than just a friend, Adrien. Can you not see it??"

Her confession left me dumbfounded. I stared at her expressionlessly but there was a havoc inside my head.

"Soph-" I tried speaking but I was interrupted again.