Chapter 6

A bit dazed I sit through the next meeting, talking when I'm supposed to talk and listening when I'm supposed to listen. Meanwhile, in the back of my mind I replay the conversation I had with Rob after he... Well, you know. After that we both had to get back to work before people would notice we'd been gone for a while, but before we left the supply closet Rob again stressed that no one can know. "People cannot know or else we'll all be doomed," he said. Then he gave me a last quick kiss and walked back to his office, like nothing had happened. Right.

But he was right, no one can find out. It's kind of hot though, the secrecy, as long as I don't think about my marriage. As soon as I have a little spare time, I should really figure out why all of this is happening and why I am attracted to someone I am not married to. Anyway, I don't have time for that now and to be honest I'm not too worried about people finding out. Like I said before, you don't get far in politics if you can't keep a secret.

Nonetheless I have trouble keeping a straight face when I see that Rob send me a new text.

Good talk ;)

Damn right it was good. Not much talking though. However, now I do feel confident enough to ask the question that has been on my mind all day.

How are we going to this Rob?

By pretending there is nothing going on.

Yeah I got that far, but I mean how?

Not sure, it's not like I've had an affair in parliament before. You're my first ;)

I feel my head turning red. God, I don't want to think about firsts right now. I've had quite some of them in the span of a few days.

Can we still talk at work? During the debates and in the hallways, like we used to?

I think so, but we have to act like everything is normal.

Like we didn't just hook up in a supply closet?

Exactly hahaha, although I hope we can do that again some time...

I smile, before I send my next text.

It would be weird not to.

Today, my workday ends at 17.30. Lucky me. While walking to my car in the parking lot I think about what happened today. My life is taking a turn in an unprecedented, exciting, albeit morally questionable, way. "Jesse do you have a second?" A cool voice interrupts my thoughts. A bit surprised I realized it's Rob's. I turn around and I see him walking towards me, but the affection I say in eyes and body language this afternoon is gone. Of course, we're in public. I stop walking to let him catch up to me, while looking around to see if anyone else is in the parking lot. Some people are walking to their cars, but they don't look up. Probably because they are anxious to get home and are already thinking about what's for dinner.

"Yes, what's up?" I say, trying to not think about the image of him fondling with the zipper of my pants. Rob stops in front of me, and continues talking in a softer tone, "I'm sorry but I needed to run something by you." I frown, where is this going? Because I stay silent, Rob continues, "I don't want to upset you or ruin anything, but I have to tell Stefan." "You have to what?" The comment slips out of my mouth before I can stop it, "But this weekend you said you weren't going to." Rob bites his lip, something he often does when he's trying to think. "I know, but I changed my mind. That's one of the rules we have. Stefan should know, especially if you want to continue with this."

I nod, not knowing how to respond. The thought of someone else knowing about us makes me anxious, but it is Rob's right to tell his boyfriend. That's the kind of relationship they have. Just because I am breaking all kinds of written and unwritten rules here, doesn't mean he has to as well. "You know what," he continues, "I think I can just keep it anonymous. Then he knows there is someone but I he doesn't know it is you. Would that work?" I smile, happy with this solution and relieved that Stefan doesn't have to know I feel something for his boyfriend. Of course Rob thought of this, he is so smart.

"Yes I think that is a good idea. Thank you," I say, while looking Rob up and down. He looks as attractive as ever, with dark blue suit and tie. "What?" He asks as he notices me looking at him, probably with a tormented look on my face. We're standing only half a meter apart but I can't touch him, that would be suspicious. But dear God, I have to use every bit of self-control in me to not pull him into my arms and make out with him, right against this red Mini Cooper we're standing next to. "Nothing," I answer, "You just look so good." Surprisingly Rob's face turns red. I didn't expect that. "Well, I have to go," he says, and without any further goodbyes he turns around and walks to his car, leaving me to stare at his beautiful butt. 

* Short chapter for today my friends, midterms are kicking my butt :') Have the best day and please don't forget to vote if you like the story sofar!