Chapter 11

When the doorbell rings I am almost finished making the risotto. Soft music is playing in the background and the candles on the dinner table and in the living room are lit. Before opening the door, I quickly fix my hair again in the reflection of the microwave door. I feel excited and nervous. Excited for the man that is standing in front of my door and nervous for everything that can happen with him tonight. The situation is unprecedented and the possibilities are nearly endless.

"Hey." I say when opening the door. Jesse looks amazing. He's still wearing his work clothes, a suit that fits his body just right. The light gray forms a stunning contrast with his dark eyes. 

"Hey." He answers, with a smile on his lips. 

"I'm surprised you could make it here this early, I thought you had to work late." I say, while looking into his eyes. 

"Where there is a will there is a way." He says, while running his hand through his hair. 

God he's hot. For a moment we just stand there, staring at each other. Then he walks through the door and steps into the hallway. With one hand he closes the door and with the other he pulls me in by my waist. Before I know it I feel his lips against mine and a warm feeling waves through my body. He is here, he really is here. A bit hesitant I free myself from his embrace. 

"The stove is on." I explain. He chuckles and follows me to the kitchen. "It smells amazing." He says while watching me stir the pan. "And you look amazing." He adds. I feel my head getting red. I murmur a soft "thank you," but I don't look up, not wanting to show him how flustered that comment just made me.

While I stir the risotto, I hear him walk around in the kitchen and a small shock travels through my spine when I feel him come up behind me. He folds his arms around me and softly presses his lips in my neck. "I've missed you." He murmurs against my shoulder, while leaving a trail of kisses in my neck. "I've missed you too." I say. I really tried to say it with confidence, but I hear my own voice tremble. Jesse hears it too and lets go of me. Unfortunately

"Are you nervous?" He asks. I turn around and see him smile. "No." I say, but we both know that it is a lie. To not give him a chance to ask more questions, I change the subject. "Would you like a glass of wine?" I ask. He chuckles, probably because he knows what I'm doing. "I'd love to." He says, leaning back against the kitchen counter. Quickly I grab the bottle from the fridge and fill up two glasses. Our fingers touch when I hand him his glass, and I feel my face getting red again. 

"Cheers," he says, while softly clinking his glass against mine. "Yeah, cheers." I say, looking up in his eyes. Almost immediately I wish I hadn't because they make me feel light in my head. He looks amused about the effect he has on me. Rightfully so I guess, it's been a while since a guy could turn me into a human pile of pudding just by looking at me. Quickly I turn back to the stove, but I feel that he is still watching me. 

"You are one enigma Rob," he chuckles, "All this time at work you're so stoic that even I start doubting whether we've got something going on and now you're so nervous you can barely look me in the eye." The amusement in his voice is obvious, but he is right. I don't know what's up with me either. I got all courageous by inviting him over and now that he is actually here, I don't know what to do with myself. I chickened out because this phenomenal man is really standing in front of me, in my kitchen.

I guess I have these brave moments sometimes. I have them when I am at work in the parliament but also a few weeks ago with Jesse in that closest. But unfortunately these moments come and go, rarely staying longer than a few hours.

Instead of answering Jesse, I take another sip of wine. "What's up?" he asks. I do not know how to respond. Telling the truth doesn't occur to me. Somehow showing vulnerability does not feel like the right move. But what else can I say? "Rob please just talk to me." He urges. Alright, the truth then. Here goes the truth. 

"I just can't believe you're really here. I mean it feels right but also so strange. Of all the guys in this world, I mean of all the people in this world, and you chose me? Like is this really happening?" I talk fast and blurt it all out before I know it, afraid that I won't be able to start talking again if I stopped. Jesse just looks at me and smiles, slowly shaking the wine glass in his hand. For a moment it is silent, except for the sizzling of the risotto. When he starts to speak his voice sounds soft but clear. "I agree it all feels a little surreal but Rob, I feel like this secret we're sharing is something special. You're the only one I can share this side of me with. God, I didn't even knew I had this side before I met you." He puts his wine glass on the kitchen counter and walks over to me, grabbing my free hand. "I really feel like I can be myself around you Rob. My true, slightly bisexual self." He winks, "And I'd like you to feel the same, so please relax." As his lips touch mine I feel the stress leaving my body. 

He is right, I should relax. Hoping it will help, I throw back the rest of my wine before taking the risotto off the stove. "Let's eat then." I say with a smile, "More wine?" 

* Boom that's chapter 11! Sorry for making you guys wait, exams are hitting me hard y'all. Take care of yourselves, have a marvelous week and as always please don't forget to vote!