Chapter 23

When I arrive at Rob's door, I'm nervous, but mostly excited. Ever since he called me earlier this week that somehow all the stars aligned and I could come over, I've looked forward to this moment. Seeing him in parliament last week was pure hell and heaven at once. All that time I wanted to have him, all for myself, but, well aware of the risks, I behaved myself. Silently, I have been dreaming of the moment that we could meet again, and now that moment has finally arrived. I reach for the doorbell but before I get to ring it, the door opens and Rob pulls me inside by my arm.

"Get over here," he says, his eyes shimmering and a smile on his lips. In a matter of seconds, I drop my bag on the ground and wrap my arms around him, my lips finding his.

"I missed you," I murmur.

"Missed you too," he answers, his hands already wandering across my body. It drives me insane, in the best possible way.

"Do you want something to drink?" he asks. I look at him. He is wearing a light grey pair of jeans and a perfectly ironed buttoned up shirt that matches the red pattern on his socks. His cheeks are blushing and a tempting smile rests on his lips. He's looking at hot as ever and finally I am no longer able to control the craving that's been haunting me all week.

"I think that maybe we should skip that," I answer and his smile gets bigger and bigger.

"Yeah?"

I nod. Without further warning I bend my knees and lift him off the ground. A shriek escapes his mouth as I carry him off to the bedroom, his arms clasped around my neck.

"O my god Jesse what are you doing?" He laughs and I laugh too, "Taking what's mine."

"No time to waste I guess," he whispers into my ear. Carefully I let him down on the bed before joining him. We kiss and I feel Rob's hands pulling on my shirt. "Time is money Mr. Klaver," he giggles against my lips.

One intense session later we're catching our breath. Rob lies in my arms, his softly nudged against my chest and his arm wrapped around my waist, his thumb lovingly drawing circles on my skin. We don't speak as, just for this moment, no words are needed. In that silence, I try to savor the feeling that I am having right now, that of pure bliss. The setting sun covers the room in a golden light, illuminating our clothes that lay spread out across the room, exactly where they landed when we threw them aside. The whole room, the guest room, appears color coordinated in a way that screams Rob, and though I know I'm in someone else's home, the room feels like a safe space to me. The fluffy pillows on the arm chair in the corner are decorated with frills that match the soft grey color of the blankets on the bed. On the wall a large picture of a landscape looks out over the room. Soft music is playing in the background, accentuating the sweetness of the moment. His hair tickles my shoulder and I feel his breath on my skin. I still can't quite comprehend how I got this lucky. Rob is perfect, at least to me. Every time I see him a smile wants to break through on my face and every time we touch a wave of excitement rolls through my body. And, though I know that after two times this is a bit of a stretch, but, and please forgive me for my language, but the sex is amazing.

I look down and see Rob is falling asleep, his dark lashes resting on his face and accentuating his cheekbones, but my mind keeps racing. Over the past few weeks, I have struggled with something, some potential thoughts and feelings, and now I am afraid those are indeed true. My concern should be with my family or with my reputation at least but with this beautiful man in my arms I can only worry about what this means for us – and my heart. I don't want it to get broken. Perhaps I should fear that things will never get back to normal, to how they used to be, but am I mostly afraid to get hurt. Would Rob feel the same way? Maybe I should just tell him. Moments with him are just so natural and nice, so relaxed and yet filled with energy, he might feel the same. Almost unconsciously my fingers stroke across his arms, while I let the sensation of his body against mine, the heaviness, sink into me. God, I wish this could be my life.

"Did I fall asleep?" Rob's words wake me from a light slumber.

I open my eyes and look around the room. "I think I did too." I answer, still a bit sleepy.

"No wonder," he giggles, "you really worked hard there just now." Softly he pokes in my side. I feel my face getting red, not totally comfortable with joking about it yet. I really longed for him okay. Rob notices my reaction. "I'm just joking honey," he says, softly placing a kiss on my chest, "What do you want to do for dinner?"

An hour or so later we're in the living room, showered and well, waiting for our poke bowls to arrive. I watch Rob walk around lighting candles on in his dark green shirt and sweatpants, looking straight up adorable. It's also so nice that he is trying to create some ambiance again. Would that mean he also feels what I do? I'm torn. I want to tell him, ask him if he feels the same, and then make out on the couch for a bit. But I don't want to ruin anything. Not this nice weekend and not what we have together. From our initial casual conversations at work to our first kiss, this man has brought color into my life and made it more interesting than it has been in a long time.

He catches me staring at him. "What?" He asks, smiling. "Nothing," I say. But actually, there is something. "You look cute. Come here." I open my arms and gesture for him to leave the candles alone and instead join me on the couch.

"I like your tone, very bossy," he says, a twinkle in his eyes. He puts the matches away and positions himself on my lap, causing me to almost instantly get turned on again. I wrap my hands around his face and pull him in for a kiss. I close my eyes and feel how Rob wraps his arms around me, his body laying into mine. I feel that at this point I don't need to explain to you that this escalated quickly.

Yet, just as my hand moves under his t-shirt, the doorbell rings. Rob sights and gets off my lap. "To be continued," he says while walking to the door, his face still red. "I'm going to take you up on that." I answer, a smile strongly fixed on my face. Rob yells back from the hallway. "I'm counting on it." 

*Happy Friday folks! What do you think guys? Does Rob feel the same way? Only one way to find out... Please give this chapter a little start if you liked it and/or want me to continue with this lockdown project ;)