1: Ignored & Unwanted

Chapter 1\

Beam's pov

I was lying on the bed, getting ready to sleep after a busy and tiring day. I was on verge of sleeping when suddenly my mother-in-law burst through the door like she own the room. Involuntarily I sat up and looking at my mother in law. She is hear means I have to prepare for bad news. No one had come to my room unless to inform about some event that I need to attend to with my husband. People in the mansion, avoid me like plague. They treat me terrible than a beggar. They gave me a basement to live as a room.

I remembered, on our wedding day, I was so excited that he had left that hell hole called home and now going to start new life with my husband. But all my hopes went down when my husband, forth went inside the mansion leaving me at the door. There was no one to welcome me on the door. No celebration, nothing. If someone didn't know he would have thought that it is mourning house not wedding house. I stand at the door in cold whether, hugging myself for some warmth for hour but no one came to invite me inside. I sat beside the door for whole night. By the treatment I was getting, I knew I was unwanted here. My husband left me at the door. I now knew, all smiling and talking in the wedding ceremony in front of forth's relatives was just for show. The moment we left the venue, my husband's denature change completely, Cold and distance, having dark aura around him.

If anyone other than me was in this situation, he would have left on the wedding night when he was seating outside the door. But my condition was different. He couldn't leave; it was not in my hand. I have a reason for marrying. No matter how these people would treat me, I was ordered to be here. I couldn't take a risk of angering my father. I couldn't. I remembered how my father beat the sh*t out of me when I refused to get married. I was now paying price of his refusal.

I was brought out of trance by yelling of my mother in law.

"Yah, are you even listening to what I am saying?"

"umm sorry. I wa-"

"Whatever, I don't need your explanation. Just remember that you have to move in forth's room for few days. So be ready. "

"WHAT?" Did I heard it wrong. She was actually telling me to share room with him. No way. Its never gonna happen. I must have heard something wrong.

"What? Don't get your hopes high. If it's not for an image of the family, I would never allow your shadow near my son."

"Okay. But why?" I asked not knowing why she is allowing me to live with forth.

"Forth's cousins were coming tomorrow to live here for few days, so you two have to keep your happy marriage act for few days."

With that she left the room. I looked at her retreating figure. She is a good lady, Kind and lovable, who just wanted to protect her son from a gold-digger bitch who trapped her son in some business deal and forced marriage on him. But I couldn't tell her that it was not me but my father who did all those things. If not for their circumstances, I bet we were good friends.

Aside for my mother in law, there was bigger problem standing in front of me. How could I remain in the same room with the man who despise me to death? I only met forth for four times after the wedding, only for parties or events where he had no choice but to take me with him. The said man would act lovely dovely with me in front of others, keeping his good image, but the moment we were alone. He would turn into cold as a ice, completely ignoring me like he didn't even knew me. How I am going to live with the person like that?