4: Stalked

Beam Pov

I smiled automatically as I saw the building of my work place. Within the year, I got so much attached to this place. If to say honest, this place is my true home, where I could be myself, forgetting all my worries. It was still early so there was not that much traffic on the road. The place was five miles away from forth's mansion, situated in rich neighborhood, so most of the times animals came here would be from rich family who wanted to groom their pets or the homeless animals whose owners abandoned them. As soon as I opened the door, I went directly to my friend and hug him tightly.

"I missed you soooooooooooo much." I said.

"Oh my, you scared me beam. But I also missed you, though it's only been a day." ming said in his not so dramatic voice.

"He he........... Who said I missed you? I was talking about Tomy, (I said as I took the said puppy from ming) I missed you so much tomy. Its look like you need bath, I told you not to play too much in the dirt but you still act like naughty boy. Who is going to adopt you, if you behave like that?" I said teasing ming as I took the puppy to the bathing area. I could feel ming stand there looking at me with aw. He chuckled and started his work.

"Yeah, Yeah. He missed you too." He said before leaving making me smile. The me who act with ming, happy, smiling, joking is me. Real me. Which was hidden with my other silent personality, only coming out when I am comfortable with the next person.

The day was coming to an end. But something was bothering me. There is a black van which always stands in front of our pet shop. Every day, it would be parked there after we open our shop, no one come out or went in it and that made me creep. I didn't want to scare ming but the car is here for a week now. I looked at the car through the window and then to ming who was arranging something on the desk. Should I tell him? Will it scare him? But what if someone really keeping an eye on us? I have to tell him before something dangerous happen. I have to at least warn him.

"ming"

"Yeah?" he said without looking at me engross in his work.

"I don't know if I am right or not but you noticed the black van which was park across the street this morning? It was there every morning from few days and on top of that no one came outside or enter the car, as far as know." He immediately looked as me as soon as I mention the car. He left whatever he was doing and came towards me, occupying chair next to me.

"Oh my god, you also noticed it right. I thought it was just in my mind. But to tell you beam, one car always present at the intersection of my house when I was on my way to work. And not to forget, I always feel someone is watching me. I was so scared. I thought I was seeing things. But.................. god, I am really scared." He said with frustration. I could feel he is scared to death. Well stocking is not what we deal with usually.

"It's okay. It's okay. Don't be scared, I am here with you." I said reassuring him.

"You seat here, I will check and talk with the driver of that van." I stand up but ming grabbed my hand.

"Noooo, you can't do that. What if they are thugs? No no, I can't risk your safety."

"Relax ming. We have to check it. And don't be scared. I know I look life I am malnutrition but believe me I can kick there ass if they come to hurt you, okay." I said as I kicked in the air, showing him that I can handle the situation. Nonetheless he agreed but handed me a knife in case I need it. He wanted to come with me but I refused him. It better if I am the one who get injured. He has family and friends who care for him. If I get hurt, no one would care. And I can at least do this for him. He is my only friend and had done so much for me. I was willing to die for him.