Chapter 1

THEN

He had to scream over the blasting music, the last thing to ever be heard of him, "I go get some fresh air." 

The venue door sealed most of the noise in. It was unexplainably liberating, the most free Jungkook has been in far too long.

He shrunk into his hoodie, closing his eyes and taking in the warmth of the fleece lining. His boxer briefs were a blend of polyester and fleece as well and they kept everything cozy.

He knew he would have to enjoy it now while he was able to, because he had a feeling the show would last all night, or even forever. It would only take a second to notice he was gone. And he eventually would have to go back in to get some of the cake.

His sniffles resonated down the alley. The dim lights were much easier on his tired eyes and he couldn't help but lure himself further in.

He was too busy staring out into space to see the broken headlights coming his way. The white label on the van was the only thing visible, until the door creaked open and the label slowly disappeared behind a 6-foot silhouette. The weapon, which looked like a crowbar, was much more clear than the face.

Jungkook took a defensive stance with his fists out, but his mind wouldn't shut up about how bad of an idea this was instantly becoming.

The man tapped the crowbar against the van to show that easily weighed at least 30 lb. It cleared the gravel as the man came closer.

Jungkook didn't need to wait for the first hit. He threw a few straight punches. He managed a fork punch but it earned him a jab in the gut, and he could barely fling back before he was slapped in the face and doubled over in silent tears.

The passenger side door opened. Out came another man who was at least 6 and a half feet of muscle. A bunch of juling twine in the man's left hand and a leather belt in the other hand barely hit the ground from high up. 

Jungkook instinctively held his gut and muddled the strength to stand up straight and fight. His leg shot out for a whip kick and as he turned around, he found himself on the concrete with the rest of his wind knocked out of him.

A hot breath encompassed the back of his neck. Veiny arms wrapped around him. A large hand smacked over his mouth, clenching his chubby jaw shut. Jungkook thrashed around, whisking his head back and forth in refusal, grinding his expensive sneakers on the ground. But it was no use, he was very quickly running out of air.

And suddenly, his brain was frozen. There was nothing to do but stare straight ahead and watch his knees get collected into many layers of twine and tied together. Next were his fists, then ankles, done so tightly that the ankle bones were fused together through his shoes. He bucked his hips and gave a weak moan in protest, but it didn't matter. The second man came from behind, hooked under Jungkook's arms, snatched his wrists up, and hoisted him up off the concrete. 

It took Jungkook a second to realize his mouth was free and the air was coming back to him, though before anything came out, the first man flapped the crowbar over his soft lips.

"Shut it."

Jungkook flinched as the belt was lightly snapped on his cheek.

"Your mouth is only good for one thing." 

The smaller boy clenched to keep the tears from coming. All his body wanted to do was sink into the restraint. God, this hurt so bad. And he understands just enough English to not be able to deny what was going to happen next. If only he knew the extent, he would have fought harder somehow.

He felt a tiny jab through his pants before the man put something back in his pocket.

The twine was pulled tighter, and was used to hoist him across the gravel. The first man clenched the back of Jungkook's head and plump ass. "Be careful with him. Sherry will kill me."