chapter 14

Present Day

After a long day of remembering such a long day, the best Jungkook can do is come out of his room on command of Jin, so that everybody can pretend like Jungkook's face isn't still red from yesterday's meltdown at the pizza place. However, Jungkook does have the pleasure of being so burnt out after all that crying that he can't remember why he had broken down to begin with. The pressure in his head is relieved by the melodies of Jin's piano, as he stalls making breakfast waiting for Jungkook, now for Jimin. Also on the deck pretending that yesterday didn't happen is Namjoon taking advantage of the peace and quiet to finish his book, or is at least attempting to with this dog plushie laying in his face and its owner brushing away at a canvas.

He gives Jungkook the plushie and asks how Jungkook slept. When Jungkook doesn't really have an answer, Namjoon asks Jungkook what he would like for breakfast.

Jungkook fumbles. He knows exactly what he wants, the pizza that he didn't get a chance to eat that Yoongi packed up and brought home. But after such a horrible night, how was he supposed to ask for such a thing?

"Jungkook, I won't ask you again."

Jin chimes in. "He's eating the food from yesterday. I'm cooking when Jimin gets up."

And Yoongi, the one who had packed and carried all of the food to the car and into the house then managed to stuff all of it in the fridge while also helping Jin and Namjoon with Jungkook, "It was already cold going in the fridge. It's not going to waste." Don't give Jungkook an option. And for once, something like this needs to be said and is hard to say with Jungkook's condition, given he would usually have sucked it down a minute It was at the table and there would be none in the fridge now.

Then

Richard's voice beamed, "I won't tell you again.“

And proved true, when he reached under Jungkook's blanket and rolled him out of it.

There was so much weight in Jungkook's head as it clung to the pillow that his collar was barely there, it made itself known with sharp jingling, and the help of Richard's large callused fingers snatching it up and pulling Jungkook like a disobedient dog. Jungkook was still too tired to protest or cry, so, just like a dog, he followed the lead of his Master, to the edge of the bed.

"Come on, I wanna enjoy breakfast before I gotta go to work."

Jungkook rubbed his eyes open to see Richard dressed up and ready, and was hit with conflicting motivations that Richard was about to be gone for some time and the fact that if this didn't happen on time Jungkook was going to get a tanning.

And the question that followed came only out of spite of Sherry, to avoid breast milk or whatever shit she was going to pull next. What sounds good for breakfast?

The sound of breakfast made Jungkook sniffle awake.

What really made Jungkook's eyes open was the sound of banging and clashing on the other side of the house. The morning maids catching up on chores that hadn't been done by Miranda or Tiffany, while simultaneously performing morning duties for the chef, with the cherry on top being commands and demands by Naomi, as she stirred her coffee and recovered from the 10-minute walk here.

Richard demanded, with a snatch of Jungkook's bed head. "Let's go tell the lovely ladies what we want for breakfast. I won't ask you again."

Jungkook was pulled up out of bed. His eyes instantly shot around in search of Sherry, who Richard addressed with the off hand comment of, "I think she gave you too much."  Upon a look of confusion from Jungkook, Richard asked a follow-up: "What do you remember from last night?"