Neko (☁️AU)

Suggested by: A_Pink_Fluff_Cat

Neko Tanjiro AU!

Little backstory: (Sorry I changed up your request! It's a bad habit I have🥲) Neko's are very rare in this AU and if you have one, you are extremely lucky. They are worth a lot a money since there aren't that many of them. Tanjiro and Nezuko are still siblings, but Tanjiro is a Neko while Nezuko isn't. Nezuko was always busy and she felt bad so she asked her friend Zenitsu if he wanted to take care of a Neko yada yada he said yes and now we are here lol.

On to the story >:3
_______________________________

Tanjiro's POV~

Zenitsu has been spending most of his time with Nezuko lately. A couple days now to be exact. And every time I'd try and talk to him, he would just walk away or the conversation would last for only 1-3 minutes. It honestly hurts me deep inside. Everytime he ignores me, I feel a piece of me shatter into tiny pieces.

'I should try and talk to him about it one more time...!'

I started walking around the house to try and find him. 'Where is he-'. My thoughts got interrupted by me bumping into something or rather someone.

Tanjiro: "Ah sorry!"

It was silent for a couple of seconds and that's when I realized that it was most likely Zenitsu I pulled into.

Tanjiro: "Zenitsu?"

Zenitsu: "Hey Tanji!

Tanjiro: "Can we talk please?"

Zenitsu: "U-umm"

Tanjiro: "Please?"

Zenitsu: "I-I'm sorry, but I have to go."

He moved away from me and started walking away.

Tanjiro: "Why are you always ignoring me lately?!"

He stopped walking and turned his head back to look at me.

Tanjiro: "Is it because of something I've done?!"

Zenitsu: ". . ."

Tanjiro: "Please talk to me!"

I got no reply. Instead he just started walking away again when I grabbed his wrist.

Zenitsu: "Please let go of my hand."

Tanjiro: "Zenitsu please!"

I was on the edge of crying. It hurt. All I wanted to do was talk to him and ask him what I did wrong.

Zenitsu: "I said LET GO!"

I gasped a little and then let go of his hand.

Tanjiro: "I'm sorry..."

I started running away from him and to the door. 'He hates me!' The last thing I heard before running out was him screaming.

Zenitsu: "TANJIRO WAIT!"

I just kept running with tears in my eyes not knowing where I was going. I just went wherever my legs took me. I soon stopped by a near by alleyway. 'I didn't bring any jacket or anything to hide my ears or tail...' I sat down in the alleyway knees to my chest sniffling and lightly crying. 'God your an idiot! Idiot! Idiot, Idiot, Idiot!' I kept crying until I noticed a torn blanket next to me. 'Better than nothing...' I put the blanket over my head an and wrapped myself in it hiding both my ears and tail.

' I put the blanket over my head an and wrapped myself in it hiding both my ears and tail