Complicated

The mirage of expressions on his face couldn't convey his feelings to her. Rather it made all the more complicated. More than it already was!

His lone hope was falling deep into an abyss,from where there was no point of a return.

So he did what he could do amidst all the things happening beyond his control,that was to turn his back on her and move.

Move...

Without looking back

Like a coward he was.

But this hurts more than ever. This cowardice of his has broken him beyond repair. Earlier when he used to show back to anyone,even to his own wishes,he never felt like he was breaking peice by piece like a shattered glass. He was utterly nebulous to this feeling. Or to be more precise- to no feeling at all.

It was all blank but it was constraining him to stop. To turn and to run to her. But he kept moving away from her. Step by step with a heavy weight settling on his heart reminding him what he is leaving behind.

He still remembers that day when she came in his life like a sun ray illuminating his life with her persona, and making his life free from all the darkness it was used to.

"Hey Rukiye... "

"What?!" he had responded frustatedly. 'Why people don't let him live peacefully?!' He sighed with the thought and turned to face the person who has breached his peace.

Apparently,he came face to face with a smiling face. A very wide smile. Which irritated him instantly more than he already was.

"Aa.. Can you tell me the way to this address.?!" She had said with hope gleaming in her eyes. Her brown sparkling eyes stared in the deep black eyes which reflected nothingness.

He passed his hand through his hair in frustation sighing and finally concluding to help her so that he could smoke in isolation. The packet knocking in his pocket giving him a pinch of relief.

He grabbed the paper clamped in her hand and immediately frowned. She kept waiting but when he didn't answer for a while,she had to snap him out of whatever trance he was in.

"pata h ye jagah kaha h? Actually I am getting late. So please if you could tell me then it will be great help."

"No,I do not know" He said turning around and walking away from her.

She frowned at the way he was so inexpressive and reserved and shook her head,looking for someone who could really tell her the way to her destination.

*•••

Kartik stopped at a cafe when it began to rain. He entered in the cafe which was swarming with people. The ado of the cafe made him take a step back but he willed himself to go sit at a corner seat which he could spot from where he was standing.

The Waiter came to attend him and he ordered a Cappuccino. Again her memories came knocking at the door of his heart.

He was standing by the side of a wall,his one leg bending to support his lean figure. One hand in pocket,fiddling with its fingers and other hand meeting the lips to snuff out the smoke. His face lined with confusion in the mystery of the address.

After throwing the Extinguished cigarette, he took a step towards his house,the 'black hole' which seeps every ounce of energy he gets to live in this life.

By the time he reached his house,The Sky was roaring and was making way for the arrival of The Rain. Gust of wind was blowing making him arrange his hair again and again.