Chapter 4

Perseus's POV

I sat there at the roof of one of the houses, a few blocks away from (y/n)'s home. I stared at her, walking down the empty road while clutching tight on her pepper spray.

"No one will hurt you, not until I get the taste of that blood." I said as if she could hear me from here. The tip of my ring finger circled around the rim of the plastic cup, (y/n)'s lipstick stain was visibly there.

I put the cup against my nose, eagerly smelling her scent that was left. I want her. For the first time ever, I felt a sense of thrill.

It's been so long since I felt the urge, the pain of not having her blood against my tongue. And hers only. I've played with her dreams before, yet today was unsuccessful.

I felt powerless, confused and bothered. I didn't understand it. Why cant I control her? but then again, that's what makes it so...exciting.

"(Y/n), (y/n)," I laughed, her name rollijg out of my tongue naturally as if I knew her for years.

A strong wind blew by, a strand of my hair flew between my eyes. Before (y/n)'s stained scarf could even fall down, I caught it with my hand.

I put it up against my face, the scent becoming more powerful. I'll make your blood mine, (y/n).

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up from my phone vibrating beside me. I turned away, trying to get more sleep. It stopped for a few seconds until it started vibrating once more.

Feeling annoyed, I finally reached for my phone and answered. "Hello?" I said, my voice quite raspy for just waking up. "Hey (y/n)! It's Norah!" she said from the other side of the phone, "Hey Norah, what's up?" I asked while I stood up and stretched my back, a yawn following right after.

"Just wanted to ask if you would like to go out? There's a new café that was close to the festival yesterday night." Norah explained.

I looked outside and it was snowing quite heavy, "Uh, yeah sure." I answered back, "Excellent!" she said in excitement.

We both hanged up after a few small talks as I headed downstairs. "Good morning, (y/n)!" My mom said, pecking me on the cheek.

"Can I borrow your car later, mom? I'm going out with a friend." I asked, even though I'm certain she wouldn't say yes since she doesn't trust me much with a vehicle.

"Absolutely not, (y/n)." my mom fumed, I knew it. "Then can Alex drive me there?" I plea, this time with a little more hope.

She thought about it for a minute and finally looked at me, "Fine." she gave in as I hug her. "Oh come on!" Alex complained, not wanting to go. I nudged his shoulder and teased him. I honestly love ruining my sibling's day.

"Aw, you're so cute when you're annoyed!" I laughed, poking him by the cheek as he slapped my hand away. "Oh, fuck off (y/n)." he mumbled. "Aw, that's cu-" before I could even finish my sentence we heard a loud thud coming from underneath. I flinched.

My mom gasped from the sudden noise. "Was that from the basement?" My brother asked, slapping my frozen hand away from his face.

"I heard noises from inside there before, its probably just a huge rat knocking off things." I explained, giving out my best logical answer for those noise. But even though that could be a possibility, it still freaks me out.

I was upstairs in my bedroom, ready to dress up to meet with Norah.

As I was about to lift up my shirt I heard a creak from the door behind me. I looked around and only saw my door slightly open.