Chapter 11

A day has passed since my father's birthday and Perseus hasn't shown up yet. "What would you like to order, ladies?" A soft tone of voice asks, I was snapped out of my thoughts as I turned to look at the familiar green-eyed boy. It was the same waiter that I saw since the last time we went to this café.

Norah spoke softly and told him what we wanted, when he left Norah looked at me and smiled. "It's nice to finally be able to go out with just the two of us!" she said and took a sip of water, staining it with her mauvish-crimson-stained lips.

"We should go to the pub later!" Norah clapped her hands with thrill. "Here you are, ladies. Enjoy!" The green-eyed boy placed down a cup of black coffee, the aroma of the freshly brewed coffee lingered through the air.

The cappuccino was placed right in front of me, the foam and shredded chocolate sat at the top of the cup. It was a warm, comforting smell with a strong smell of nutty and rich coffee. The taste gave off a bold taste of coffee and with sweetness along the way, it was a perfect pair.

"I can't Norah, you know I have a curfew." I circled my finger around the rim of the cup with just a few inches above it, the steam touching my hand as it made me feel warm. "(Y/n), we're not going to a club. And besides, we can still go, it opens 2 hours before your curfew." she winked.

"I don't drink, so I'll just-"

"Past?" Norah shook her head and held my hand to hers, I felt myself get flustered a bit. She reassured me but even then, I was already too late to back out. My parents are gonna kill me, but maybe just a couple of drinks would be okay.

I sigh and finally nod my head, "Fine, let's just leave 30 minutes early before midnight." The pub wasn't that far from what I anticipated. It was just a few blocks away from the café, surely I could make it home before midnight if I'm still sober.

When we arrived, there were many people inside already. The bar was quite full and I could see a mini stage on the left where a singer sang, she had a beautiful voice but her face was oddly familiar.

The singer and I met each other's gaze and that's when she smirked at me, I was certain it was Claudia. The girl I bumped into at the bookstore, what a coincidence.

I felt a hand rest on top of my shoulder, I flinched and looked around and was relieved that it was only Norah. The pub was quite big, and it was a bit dim inside even with all the yellow-lit mini chandeliers. We walked to the elongated bar and sat down on the brown cushioned stools.

"Vodka, make it two!" Norah ordered before I could even protest, "Norah isn't that a bit too...I don't know, strong?" I tried to reason but she only grinned "Then two for me, (y/n)!" she clapped.

I couldn't help but frown, I didn't felt good about what's gonna happen tonight. "A beer for her, please." Norah smiled at the bartender as he nods in reply. I began to fiddle with my fingers, trying to distract myself from this unwavering feeling.

I looked at the corner of my eye and saw a room with a red curtain as a door, a group of people with mary-sue-like features entered inside, I saw a few more people inside with what I assume to be a bloody mary and red wine on their table.

I heard Norah make a sound and turned to look at her, my eyes went wide open to see two shot glass empty and a beer right in front of me. Norah once again ordered two, I drank the bottle of beer, tasting the sweetness of it while I looked at Norah with worry.

She ordered me another bottle of beer, but I couldn't do anything but drink it. She ordered one shot to another, she looked at me and said words that I couldn't decipher.

She was all gibberish and drunk. I looked down on my phone but Norah snatched it away, "Don't call him, he's...an asshole." Norah waved her hand with my phone.

I tried to take it from her but she didn't gave it back, "Give it back, Norah!" I plea but she only laughed. Just before I could even take it from her again, she dropped it. I felt myself panicking and immediately stood up, a hand caught my phone and I looked up to meet with the same purple eyes.

She gave me back my phone and crossed her arms, "Your friend is really drunk, (y/n)." Claudia raised a brow "You don't say." I rolled my eyes. "Hey, Claudia." we heard Norah murmur "You should leave, want me to call a taxi?" she asked but I shook my head no, pulling Norah to her feet while she sways side to side and fell on Claudia.

I looked at the clock and it was already time to leave, but I know I wouldn't make it home just in time.

"You should leave, I can handle it from here. Norah lives just beside me, so you can go home." Claudia said as if she just read my mind, "Oh, thank you so much." I smiled. "Don't mention it," Claudia winked and as I was leaving the place I heard Claudia's voice, "Stay safe," she said.