Chapter 6

"(Y/n)! Sorry for barging in today, but I did bought some homemade cookies!" Norah handout her cookies, there were lots of different shapes with a lot of radiant colors. I looked up at her and smiled, "Oh, its nothing! I wouldn't want you spending Christmas alone." I replied back.

She mentioned about her not being able to go back to her family this year when my brother and I met up with her last week, so I was glad she could make it. She looked at Alex and immediately clung onto him, I sigh and went to the dining area where the food were.

"Merry Christmas, (y/n)." said a voice behind me, "Merry Christmas!" I said while turning around. I flinched when I saw his face, it was Perseus though I wasn't surprised.

He was just a few inches away from me, I felt invaded in my personal space as I stepped to the side. "You look lovely in that dress (y/n), red definitely suits you." Perseus complimented, "You look lovely yourself, Perseus." I smiled.

He handed me a red, velvet paper bag with a green ribbon at the front, I looked up at him with brows raised. "Your scarf is inside, I owe you for that." Perseus wink, "Thank you." I replied back as I looked inside and saw a red velvet box.

I looked back up at him with wide eyes, "I also bought you a little present since its Christmas after all." Perseus explain, I bit my bottom lip down and gave a small smile.

I took the red box out of the paper bag and glanced at Perseus, seeing him look at me. I opened the box and gasped, seeing a golden ring with a shiny ruby engraved on it.

"I..I can't accept this." I put the lid back on the box and extend my arm to Perseus, he pushed my hand away with the box and let out a small laugh. "It's fine (y/n), think of it as my way of saying thank you."

"Your way of saying thank you is incredibly expensive, Perseus." I rolled my eyes and sigh, I know I'd never win at this rate. "Would you like me to put it on your finger?" Perseus asked, making me look up as I stepped backwards.

"No, it's alright." I replied and took the ring out of the box, sliding it on my ring finger. I was surprised at how it fitted perfectly on my finger, Perseus has some good eye for that.

I put my hand up as the ruby glimmered. It was a beautiful ring, but I felt bad for not having anything to give back. "It suits you and your dress, (y/n)." Perseus smiled at me and before I could respond, mom walked into the room.

"You look lovely in that dress, dear." she touched my skirt and chuckle, "Thanks mom, I really like it. Where did you buy it? The material is really good!" I asked, she looked at me with a slight confused look.

But it suddenly vanished when she smiled, "I bought it at the boutique when your father and I went out, dear." she stated. She blinked and suddenly tumbled from her step, I grasped on her shoulder and looked at her with a frown.

"Are you okay, mom?" I asked with a hint of concern, "Yes, (y/n). I must've just slipped out of my thoughts." she laughed and looked at Perseus, "Why aren't you such a handsome young man!" my mother exclaimed.

"Thank you, Mrs. (L/n)." he replied back "You must be dating my daughter, perhaps? (Y/n) never tells me anything!" Mom rolled her eyes at me. I buried my face to my palms, feeling myself heating up.

Could this day get any worse? "You must be mistaken, Mrs. (L/n). Your daughter and I aren't dating.." he said as I looked up, he looked me in the eyes and smirked "Yet." Perseus added. "You'd make a good husband to my daughter, I just know it!" my mom laughed, "Mom isn't marriage quite too early for me?" I poked her shoulder, trying to avoid Perseus's gaze.

Clearly, my mother had taken a liking to Perseus. It was an unusual sight to see since she had never been too keened with people in just a matter of seconds.

I took Perseus's hand and pulled him out of the dining area as we walked to the side of the room, trying to avoid any of my relatives. I didn't notice that I actually led him to the library area just beside the basement.

I closed the door and looked at Perseus, "I'm really sorry for what happened out there." I sighed in relief, finally getting out of that situation with my mother. I heard Perseus let out a quiet laugh, "Your mother seems to like me, (y/n)." he said. "It's like you hypnotized her or something, she doesn't really get along with anyone that easily." I laughed. He gave me a small smile and nod.

He stepped one foot towards me, I backed away as he stepped forward once more. His arms pressed on the closed door, each hand laying just beside me.

I quivered, not knowing what to do. He began to lean close, my eyes widened at the thought of him kissing me. My hand slowly reached for the door as I twist it open, tumbling backwards.

Perseus got out and looked at the crowd, I saw my relatives looking at us. My eyes widened out of embarrassment when my mom suddenly announced dinner time.

I heard Perseus chuckle behind me. I walked off and went to the dining room, as I was about to sit next Alex, Norah sat beside him. I looked at Adrien and noticed that there was an empty sit beside him, I sat down beside Adrien as we exchanged smiles.

"Perseus, why don't you sit beside (y/n)?" mom smiled and I looked at her, trying to give out a signal not to but she only ignored me. "Well, I," Perseus stumbled a bit with his words, "Do sit, darling!" Aunt Ruby chuckled and beckoned him over to sit beside me. I gulped.

Perseus finally gave in and sat beside me, they began to eat as my mom passed me the plate of neatly cut ham. I looked at Perseus, only looking down at his plate and not touching the silverware.

"Is...is there something wrong?" I asked, Perseus looked at me and gave me a smile "Oh, no its just..Im still quite full." Perseus waved his hand, pushing away the plate of ham. "Well, you should try it Perseus! Just a bite wont hurt." My mom said.

Perseus looked at me and nod my head. "Its delicious!" I said, eager for him to try it. He lets out a chuckle, but something about it seemed like he was unsure or afraid.

He nod his head and slowly picked up the silverware, for a moment I thought I saw his hand smoke when he touched the silver fork with his left hand. It must've just been the smoke from his plate, the food is still quite hot after all. I heard him curse under his breath and took a piece of chicken from his plate and ate it.

He chewed slowly, and finally swallowed it. "It delightful, Mrs. (L/n)." Perseus smiled. I looked back at my plate and tried my best to hide my own smile that creeped up on me, I was happy that he enjoyed it since I was the one who made it.

Perseus was the first to finish his food and excused himself, walking hastily to the bathroom. "Perseus seems bothered, why dont you check up on him?" Adrien said, not taking his eyes off of his food.

"Why should I?" I asked and he finally met my eyes, "You don't have to hide it (y/n), we all know he's your boyfriend." Adrien winked, I glared at him and denied it.

Of course, he didn't believe me a single utter out of my mouth and instead shooed me away from the table.

I sighed and went after Perseus who was in the bathroom just across from the dining area, it was weird that he knew the directions since he haven't really explored this place at all.

I knocked on the door softly as I heard him gag, "Perseus? Are you okay in there?" I asked with a hint of concern. He opened the door and looked at me with a smile, "I'm fine, (y/n)." He said. I looked down at his hand, it was awfully red and it looked like a bad allergic reaction.

I touched his hand, tracing his palm. "Why didnt you tell me you have an allergy?" I asked with wide eyes, feeling guilty. "Oh, I-" I shook my head and sigh, "You should come with me, I actually have an ointment upstairs." I said as I went up the stairs, Perseus following behind me.