Chapter 20

The last thing I remember was the music that rung in my ears. I was conflicted over the fact if that was even real or not, but the sapphire ring told me otherwise. I tumbled my way out of the bedroom, knocking on Alex's door straight away. "Alex! Alex! Are you inside?" I screamed. I heard instant footsteps bolting up the stairs to see Alex with eyes wide as a circular bowl.

I took his hands, feeling the warmth of his touch gave me the comfort that I needed. "Alex, listen to me." I looked straight at him with eyes stern. "I'm listening." Alex raised a brow, "You have to-" I cut myself out when I heard footsteps from behind him. "I have to what?" Alex tilt his head to the side.

I take no notice of his curiosity. My eyes met the dark brown eyes of a beast, I looked with full of revulsion. His upper lip curled in disdain as he mouth the words that sent shivers up to my spine, I'll kill him. The scorn look dwindled away when Alex turned around.

"You have to listen to what we're about to say!" I made him turn to me, chuckling softly. Perseus came forward, taking my hand to his and pulling me roughly beside him. His grasps felt rough and tight, I almost recoiled when he touched me with his bitterly-cold hands.

"Ah, is that why Norah's downstairs?"

"What? Norah?" I frowned, taking a step forward with surprise. Perseus pulled me back as fi I was some kind of pet on a leash, which in my case, I really am a beasts pet. "Oh my, have you forgotten (y/n)?" he looked at me with eyebrows twitching, I could sense his fiery rage.

I laughed it off, but it all came off nervously. "I forgot, silly me!" I waved a hand. Alex looked at us with an inkling expression. Perseus pulled me forward, giving me the signal to go downstairs.

I flinched when I felt a hand fall on my shoulder. I looked around and gulped, "(Y/n), you look like you just saw a ghost. Is everything okay?" he raised a brow. I shrugged his hand off and rolled my eyes, "Course I am!" I looked away and immediately followed Perseus.

I knocked back the strength to scream because if I did, this house will be a bloodbath. Thinking about it already made my stomach lurched and my feet stagger in every step we took from the flights of stairs.

My mother stood there beside my father, having an inaudible conversation. Norah sat beside my grandma whose hair was of a corkscrew curls, they whispered things to each that gave me a small smile.

"I'll bust your kneecaps if you try going out of my reach, (y/n)." he mumbled, I looked at him with my mouth agape. I snapped out of the fear that lurked inside of me, poising my posture as if I heard nothing. Grandma looked at us, her eyes glaring with daggers through Perseus.

Alex hurriedly went down the stairs and went beside Norah, kissing her cheek. "Mrs. (L/n), Mr. (L/n)," Perseus called my parents who looked at him with a small smile, he turned to me and chuckled. "(Y/n) and I would like to announce something..."

I looked away from him and turned to the small crowd, Norah looked with excitement in her eyes and grandma who was just beside her had her eyes full of skepticism. I met eye contact with my parents, who was eager to know what was happening.

"Perseus and I...well..." I stumbled through my words, Perseus snaked his hand around my waist as I finally caught my serenity. "We're engaged!" I showed my hand, the purple sapphire coruscated.

All faces were all the same, shock. Grandma stood up and looked at my parents, whose surprised faces turned into a joy. They clapped hands and Norah followed suit, while Alex gave a look of concern.

"Are you people insane? Stop that!" I my grandma slapped my mother's hand but she ignored her as if she was never there. I was frightened, her eyes felt soulless. "What did you do?" I whispered to Perseus, looking at him with a frown. "Can't you see, (y/n)? They're happy for us." he gave me a grin, but I knew that they would never be this happy.

Any sane parent wouldn't be happy for their daughter to get married at such a young age, let alone getting engaged to a man she just met.

"Victoria!" my grandma screamed, slapping my mother across her face. I cringed at the sound, it echoed throughout the room. My mother blinked and staggered backwards, as if something just happened. father stopped clapping his hands, taking a few step backs as well.

Grandma turned to Perseus and walked towards him, pulling his tie. "What are you doing to my family? You beast! I'm going to kill you!" she pushed him away and went to her bag. "Grandma?" I called out, but she ignored my call.

I bit down on my bottom lip, feeling my heart palpitating and my hands sweating. She took out a sharp, wooden stake and lunged forward. Norah and Alex stopped her, while my mom hurriedly took the stake from her hand. "I told you she's crazy!" My father commented, scowling while Alex and Norah apprehended my grandma to the ground.

I heard Perseus let out a quiet laugh, the amused look on his face gave me the exasperation. "Hello? Police?" I heard my mother talking through the phone, my grandma cursing at Perseus.

He pulled me towards him and put a strand of my hair behind my ear. "(Y/n)! Stay away from that monster! He's making you a livestock!" she screamed, I felt the tears piling up and stinging my eyes.

Without thinking, I took a step forward towards my grandma, I wanted to hug her. I wanted to tell everyone that she's not crazy. But it could only hurt them more, I didn't know what to do.

Perseus pulled me back as I stumbled backwards, he turned me around and gave me a tight squeeze. "Alex! Her purse!" Perseus frowned, my father took a look inside and threw it on the floor. "You...you psycho!" he screamed as a hand rolled out of the bag.

My mother gasped, already in tears. "Please! We just found a hand inside her purse!" my mother plea through the phone. The sight before me already felt like a massacre, with my grandmother pleading for her life and Alex and Norah apprehending her.

"How could you...you motherfucker." I cursed at him, looking up as he gazed down at me. "Now our love story can't be interrupted, (y/n)." he smiled as the police siren rung through my ears.