Chapter 31

"What...what did you say?" my eyes went wide agape, feeling my trembling arms and sunken heart that dreaded those words I just heard. "That's right, (y/n). We're getting married tomorrow!" he touched my hand, squeezing it tightly. "NO! I'm not marrying you!" I staggered backwards, pulling my hand away.

He looked at me a bit surprise, but his demeanor completely changed in a second.

"You don't have to worry about a thing, my dear (y/n)! I'll provide everything you need," he took a step forward, snapping his finger as the two vamps left the room without the rack.

Perseus gripped on my throat and pushed me against the wall. "I suppose those needles and knives didn't intimidate you enough to act like my fiancé, (y/n)," he whispered with a scowl, his eyebrows furrowed with a twitch.

"Maybe using them will." he loosened his grip on my throat, I took a deep breath and looked at Perseus. I felt my blood suddenly ran cold, freezing in place as my eyes felt the terror that struck me down like a lightning bolt.

"S...stay back!" I trembled, my words coming out weak and small. Perseus threw a knife at me and I immediately dodged it away, it became stuck on the wall just a few inches away from me.

"Let's play a game, (y/n)!" he gave me a soft smile, but it was far from comforting and instead gave me the creeps. "It's called the wolf and the sheep," he explained, taking a scalpel from the tray and a knife appearing from his back.

The blade was as sharp as a dagger and I didn't try hiding the fear and trepidation that I felt from it. Perseus looked up at me, his chilling smile not vanishing.

"I'll be the wolf," he winked, adjusting his collar. "If I stab you, you'll have to marry me (y/n)." he explained, "And what if I win?" I asked.

Perseus chuckled to my question, pointing the knife at me. "Then I have no choice but to let you go," he replied back, shrugging his shoulders with a sigh.

"Now run, (y/n). Run as fast as you can." he laughed, saying those last few words in a deep, quiet and firm tone.

I bolted out of the door and to my surprise, the dungeon was empty. It was cold and dark, the only source of light down here was the flickering lights of the bulb at the ceiling.

It was as if they all set this place up just for me to get murdered.

"There is someone walking behind you

Turn around, look at me"

I heard Perseus sing, his deep, velvety voice echoing through the large hallway of the dungeon.

I quietly took each stride, cautious to not make a noise. I muffled my heavy breathing with my hand, looking inside of each empty cell.

I turned around but saw no figure in sight. I bit back a cry, feeling my heart raising in every second.

Walking towards the stairs, I saw a locker beside it. I opened it slowly but that was still useless as I heard it creak.

I flinched, hearing an echo of scratching against the concrete wall. No doubt would it be Perseus. I stepped inside the locker, softly closing the door shut.

There was enough space for me to sit down as I did. I glanced up, the flickering lights going through the tiny holes of the locker.

I closed my eyes, waiting for the scraping sound to stop.

"There is someone watching your footsteps

Turn around, look at me"

He sung once more, triggering my thoughts as I got flashbacks from the events that happened inside the basement.

I shook it away, hearing footsteps coming to an abrupt stop. I put both hands to my mouth, stopping the heavy breathing.

My palpitating heart rung through my ears in fear. The small, dotted lights vanished when I heard a sigh.

I listened as he took a step forward, a screeching sound could be heard with his knife scratching the surface of the locker.

I let out a sigh of relief after a few minutes. I fixed my hair, stroking it with my fingers to try and distract myself while I contemplate whether to move or not.

Finally, after picking up the courage, I stood up. The flickering lights blinded me as I suddenly heard a clicking sound.

It only took me a second to realize that it wasn't the lights from the ceiling that flickered, but a flashlight.

My eyes widen as I stayed still. He shut the flashlight close, peeking through one of the tiny holes.

"Found you."

Perseus said, opening the door as he clenched tightly on his knife. Perseus raised his knife, ready to strike me with it.

I pushed him away with a huge force, to my surprise he staggered backwards. I took the chance and ran with my new ability.

I groaned, feeling a sudden sharp pain. Perseus caught my hair, clenching it tightly. I bit back a cry from the fear that rushed through my whole body and instead let my hands and knees tremble.

He pushed me backward and grabbed my hand, turning me around. Perseus pushed me down on the freezing, concrete floor with his hand clenching tightly on my throat.

I struggled from his grasps as he raised his knife, ready to stab me.

"Tag, you're it." was the last words I heard as he plunged the knife to my stomach, making me let out a bitterly loud scream.