Chapter 9

(Y/n)'s POV

A week has passed since it happened. The thought of his lips against mine was weird, I didn't know if it was good or bad. I put a strand of my hair back as I read the book Norah gave me, I really enjoyed it and it gave me a sense of peace when I have sleepless nights.

Ever since that night, the more I felt something off. I felt someone's s eyes piercing through me like daggers, like there was someone watching me in every corner of my room. This didn't felt pleasant and I only felt like a prisoner cramped in these four walls.

My phone vibrated beside me on the bed, I groaned and picked it up. It was Perseus again. I never told him my number, so I suspected that Norah did it. Perseus had been texting me in the morning nonstop, asking if I felt fine or what I was doing. It was odd.

Perseus would only stop at night, and it was those times that my room gets eerie. I heard a knock on my door as it creaked open, mom poke her head out and I flinched. "Jesus! What do you want mom?" I put my hand to my heart, beating a tad bit quick.

"Perseus is here, (y/n)." Mom chuckled and I immediately rolled off my bed and stood up to my feet, "And you let him in?!" I asked in disbelief. Mom nod.

"No you didn't, mom." I laughed,

"Yes, I did (y/n)." mom smiled

"No you did not." I disagreed once more.

"(Y/n), don't make me drag you out of there." mom said and closed the door before I could even say anything. I stood there. I looked at the closed door, I blinked.

What am I going to do? I cursed under my breath and walked out of my bedroom, I stopped halfway and looked at my sleeves. I was only wearing a hoodie and shorts. I peeked downstairs and saw mom talking to Perseus.

I quickly went back to my room and dressed in something more appealing yet simple. Maybe a simple white dress would do nicely?, I rummaged through and found a sleeveless summer dress. I quickly put it on and combed through my hair, trying to untangle my split ends.

I didn't know why I was doing this, but I just really wanted to dress more nicely. I went down the stairs and waved a hand, Perseus looked at me and gave a smile. I sat across from him and only stared, not knowing what to do. "Hello, (y/n)." Perseus said as I said hi back, "What are you doing here?" I popped the question.

He looked into my eyes for a moment and chuckled, "Your mom invited Norah and I over for lunch. It's your dad's birthday, isn't it?" Perseus tilt his head. Shoot. I forgot today was dad's birthday. I saw Alex hastily going down the stairs and looked at me, "(Y/n), did you know it was dad's birthday today?" he asked in an undertone.

I shook my head no as he sighed, "We have to get something for dad," Alex thought for a moment and clasped his hands together "Let's go to the store! Beside, dad would be home around 1!" Alex smiled.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the door, I felt another hand grasping on my shoulder. Alex stopped and I looked around, "I'll come with you." Perseus announced while his brow twitched. "Sure!" Alex replied back before I could even protest. I sigh as Alex went to the driver's sit of mom's car, "We can ride in my car." Perseus said.

Alex gasped when he saw a scarlet red, luxury sedan. "He's a keeper, (y/n)." Alex whispered, winking at me and I rolled my eyes "He's not even my boyfriend," I grumbled. Alex ignored me and went to the backseat. "Are you sure we can ride here, Perseus? Alex might do something stupid." I glared at Alex but he was too occupied to notice.

I felt Perseus's hand brush against mine, "It's fine, (y/n)." Perseus replied back softly. I went to the car door to the front and before I could even open it, Perseus went behind me and opened the door.

I felt myself feeling flustered as I got in. He closed the door and quickly went around to the driver's sit, sitting beside me. Before I could even look into the rearview mirror, Perseus shut it close.

Who is this guy? I asked myself.

We arrived in front of a mug shop, I could see all different kinds of mugs with funky shapes and different vibrant colors. My father always had a spot for mugs, and he would always display it in a cabinet. "Woah! This is definitely the spot, man!" said Alex and immediately got out of the car.

I looked at Perseus as he began to put his black, leather gloves on and his black aviator sunglasses. Perseus put on a black beanie on his dark, raven hair and adjusted it.

"You seem to like black a lot." I commented and he looked at me with a smirk, "Are you going out like that? With your shoulders exposed, I don't think you'll last even just a couple of seconds in the snow." Perseus said, I hugged myself and nod.

"I'll mana-" before I could even finish he took off his black duster jacket, revealing his biceps. He wore a white, turtle neck short sleeve. His clothes weren't all dark colors after all. I hesitated to put his jacket on at first but I could feel his stare, waiting for me.

I finally gave in and put it on, it felt loose on me. Well, it was better than freeze to death outside. We went out of the car and Perseus immediately took cover in the shadows of the store roof.

I saw Alex already picking out something for dad. My eyes darted in other directions, trying to find a bookshop. My dad was always fond of books too, maybe he would like it if I bought him one.

Finally, my eyes laid on a bookshop just across the street. I looked at Perseus, "I'll go pick up a present for dad over there, you can stay here if you-" Perseus took my hand and pulled me close to him as I hit his chest. I looked to my side and saw a group of boys walking in front of us, staring at me as he winked. I felt myself cringe.

I heard a low growl from Perseus, I looked up and saw him staring at them menacingly. I pushed him away and stared to my left, "I'll come with you, (y/n)." Perseus smiled as if nothing just happened.

We walked inside the shop, a bell rung to welcome us. Unlike Crooksbooks, the books here are new. I began my search for a perfect book for dad while Perseus followed behind me. I was too hooked in hunting for a book that I didn't notice that I bumped shoulders with someone.

I turned around and was met with two pairs of unusual eye colors, it was the color of purple. Her red stained lips curved into a smile, "I'm sorry for bumping in!" the brown haired woman frowned. I shook my head no "Oh, its okay! I should have watched where I was going." I replied back as I scratched the back of my head.

"My name is Claudia by the way!" she extended out an arm. Perseus suddenly went beside me and shook her hand, "Hello, Claudia. We're kind of in a hurry right now, right (y/n)?" Perseus looked at me. I felt my phone vibrate on the pocket of my jacket as I took it out and saw Alex telling me to hurry.

I looked back at Perseus and nod. "It was nice meeting you, Claudia! I hope we can meet each other again soon." I waved a hand, I took one of the books I've selected and rushed to the counter as I paid. Perseus and I quickly went back to the car to see an impatient Alex leaning on a wall beside the mug shop with a light blue wrapped rectangle and a white bow on top.

"Took you guys long enough!" Alex went inside the car. I mouthed sorry to Perseus and he only chuckled in response.