Chapter 1- Prison Break

Power and wealth poured off the purple-masked man as he strode down the corridor of the Raft, gracefully taking out the guards, shooting them all square in the face.

By the time he reached the end of the corridor, every guard was on the floor and alarms were blaring.
Usually, he hated doing the dirty work and would release some sort of gas to sedate any obstacles and go from there, but he wanted to do it himself this time.

Peering through the glass in the door, he could see a man tied up with his back to him in the centre of a cell.
"Nothing I can't handle..." he said in a heavy Sokovian accent. He removed a device from his grey coat pocket, and began to press the buttons in a certain pattern.

"Hey!' A man called from behind.
The masked man extended his arm out behind him with his pistol in hand, not taking his eyes off his device, "shut up," he said, shooting him in the head, "I'm working." He returned the gun to its holster.

It only took a few more seconds, and the door opened with a click. He took a confident step in, returning the device to his pocket.

Before he could say or do anything else, a round metal object crashed into the back of his head knocking him to onto his knees.

"You shouldn't be down here Zemo." A man said approaching him.
"Mr Wilson is right," said the prisoner.
"Skull, shut the fuck up," said another man.
"Language..." 'Mr Wilson' muttered.
Zemo picked himself up and saw himself staring at none other than Sam and Bucky.
"Captain, this doesn't concern you,"
"It does now," Sam spread his wings and readied his shield anticipating an attack.

Sure enough, Zemo pulled out his pistol, and unloaded a full round onto the pair, but Sam jumped in front of Bucky protecting him with his wings and shield.
"I can defend myself asshole," Bucky complained.
"Yeah well I didn't want you getting shot, dumbass. Next time, I'll make sure he manages to pelt a full round of bullets into your chest."
"You going to stop bickering or can I continue what I'm here to do?" Zemo asked unnaturally calm.
"No." They said simultaneously.

Sam threw his shield, it bounced off Zemo's face causing him to stumble backwards, and Bucky caught it. Buck then launched it at Zemo's chest, causing him to double over. The shield rebounded off Zemo and returned to Sam's arm. Sam slammed it into the masked man's jaw, throwing his head sharply backwards, knocking him to the ground.

"We don't know what you're planning, but whatever it is can't be good," Sam said, placing handcuffs on Zemo, taking off his mask.
Zemo stood, wearing a sour, defeated look on his face, however there was a slight sparkle in his eyes which neither of them seems to notice.
"Let's go..." Bucky said.

They took Zemo away down the corridor, but before they reached the door, an explosion blasted down the hall from behind knocking them all off their feet.
"What've you done now!?" Bucky stood up, grabbing Zemo by the collar and slamming him against the wall, blinking debris out of his eyes.
"This wasn't me, James..."
"Then who was it?" He growled.
Zemo simply shrugged, frowning and shaking his head.

Sam was already half way down the hall, charging to the source of the explosion. Since he had his combat goggles, he could see everything without having to worry about the debris getting in his eyes.
Sam scanned for heat signatures, but found nothing. He burst into the cell and it had a giant hole in the back and no Red Skull anywhere in sight.

"Skull's gone!" Cap yelled.
Zemo swore in Sokivian, but Bucky just mumbled a simple:
"Shit."