Chapter 5- The Deal

"The others have returned, Mr Wilson," one of Tony's AIs said, startling Sam. He had no idea which one it was, he couldn't keep track of them all.
Sam realised Bucky was still asleep and tried to nudge him awake, but he soon realised he wasn't going to get up, so he un-reclined the chair and proped Bucky up.
"Don't fall..." he muttered as he moved him.

"Hey, Sam," Scott said, coming in, "how long has he been out?"
"Few hours."
Scott was going to make a joke but decided against it, scared Bucky would wake up and punch his lights out.
"The others will be here in a sec," Scott made his way to the kitchen.

As the others came in, Bucky still didn't wake.
Bruce brushed passed the counter knocking a tray which clattered to the floor.
Scott dropped the sandwich we has making. Bucky shot up into a defensive stance and only lowered it when he became aware of what actually happened.

"Well, that woke you up," Rhodey chuckled.
Bucky sat back down, resting his head back.

"My sandwich..." Scott knelt down and picked up the pieces of his PB&J sandwich, wiping the floor.
Bruce felt bad for startling him, so he made Scott another while he was cleaning and handed it to him.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

One week later

"Anything?" Rhodey paced the room.
"Nothing, sorry..." Shuri admitted," wherever Skull is, he doesn't want to be found."
"We're going to have to do this the hard way..." Sam muttered.
"I don't like this," Scott said.
"Me neither, but it's got to be done," Bruce flicked something across the room with his huge green hands.
"We'll see you around, Shuri, thanks for your help," Rhodey waved away the hologram.
---
Shuri had specifically asked them to not refer to her as "Queen", "your highness" or anything like that until she was ready, and she was glad everyone seemed to respect that.
---
"Zemo..." Bucky entered the room with the rest of the Avengers.
"Ah, James, I knew youd come around," a sly smile crept across Zemo's face.
"We're keeping this simple: you help us, you get minimal freedom," Sam said.
"Maybe," Zemo said.
"What'd you mean 'maybe'?" Rhodey asked.
"You'll see. Now, let's talk shall we?"

Sorry this took so long and is so short 😭 I've had to deal with school and everything and omg I didn't think chemistry would be so hard or German would be so time consuming 😭😭😭😭😭
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed :)