Chapter 9- Whiskey

"Why did he want you?" Rhodey was pacing again.
"I'm not sure. My head isn't right at the moment..." Strange admitted.
"Well you're gonna have to think becuase my head isn't fucking right either," Rhodey stopped, placing his hands on the table.
"Who turned James' PG setting off?" Zemo sipped some whiskey, handcuffs re-applied.
"Since you're so smart, why don't you tell me?" Stephen snarled.
"Infinity stones?"
"He wanted super soldier serum last time we checked," Bucky began pacing, which set Sam pacing too.
-
Zemo knew exactly what Skull wanted; he'd thought about it a lot on the way back. Being one step behind made his skin crawl, so he was determined to get ten steps ahead once more.

Once he figured it out, it hit him like a brick, and he had to take a few seconds to regather himself. He then continued to develop his theory on the rest of the way to the compound.
-
"Well, he does want the serum," Zeno continued to sip his whiskey, "and I may know why,"
"Care to elaborate?"
Zemo held up a finger as he finished his whiskey, having no choice but to hold it with two hands due to his cuffs. He sat there for about a minute and then sipped some more, then waited a minute then drank some more. He repeated this cycle until the glass was empty, the others watching impatiently.

Zemo approached Dr Strange, crouching to his level, grabbing the chair with one hand, balancing himself, whiskey glass in the other . He looked into the sorcerer's eyes holding the gaze for a good few seconds.
"Hard to tell..." suddenly, he rose and brought the glass down on Stephen's head sharply with both hands.
The Avengers all jumped up, readying their weapons, glass went flying, and Stephen yelled out I pain and shock. Bruce grabbed Zemo by his handcuffs, suspending him in the air.

"What the fuck was that for!?" The doctor yelled, cradling his head.
"Okay, I know what Skull is up to now."
"Couldn't you have done that in a less violent way!?" Sam returned his shield to his back.
"Probably, but he pissed me off earlier and that was was more efficient so its a win-win." Zemo tried to shrugg, though it proved difficult since his hands were being held above his head.
"Maybe for you!" Strange was now being treated by Shuri.
"Maybe for me. Anyway, I can tell you what he's up to now."
"Go on then..." Rhodey was sceptical.
"Put me down first."
Banner did, but made sure to stand close.
"Basically, we're-"
"If you swear, I'm going to fucking loose it" Bucky frowned.
"Well if you let me finish," Zemo sat down, "to put it simply, we're... well, screwed"