•Chapter 16•

Bri POV

I wake up to the sound of the door bell.

Groaning, I roll out of bed.

I look at the time.

8:30 am.

"Who the hell is ringing my doorbell this early in the morning?"

Looking in the mirror I sigh.

"I look like a mess."

I quickly fix my hair up and run downstairs.

I look through the peep hole and see that oh so familiar face.

"Shit, shit, shit." I whisper

I start to panic.

"Ok, it's ok, maybe I can just pretend like I'm not here."

The doorbell rings again.

"Bri I know you're home, your cars in the driveway" He says.

"Ok maybe not"

I sigh and open the door slowly, peaking my head out.

"Hey"

"Hey.."

There's an awkward silence.

"So are you going to tell me why you're at my door at 8 in the morning?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry"

That's a word I thought I'd never hear coming from his mouth.

"I swore I saw you at the fair, and when I asked my mom about it, she told me about when she bumped into you."

"And you had to come to my house to check it out for yourself at 8 am?"

"I get the timing isn't great, but it's been years, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. What are the odds that I moved right next door to you after all this time? There has to be a reason-"

"Listen Asher, I really don't have time for this. We haven't talked in 4 years, and it's probably best that we keep it that way. You should go home, I have things to do."

"But-"

Before he could complete his sentence, I had shut the door.

I get it might not have been the best move, but I wasn't about to entertain his thoughts after all this time.

Especially when he didn't even try or seem to have any intentions of giving me some type of apology, so I had no intentions of hearing him out and following his lead.

I rub my face and walk into my living room, no longer having any intention of going back to sleep.

I sit on my couch, sinking into it and groaning.

"After 4 fucking years, he's still exactly the same."

"Entitled prick" I scoff.

It makes me wonder what made him like this.

Sisleah was always such a good mom.

She's one of the most compassionate, loyal, and humble women I know.

So how did Asher come out as the complete opposite?

She lead by example and did her best to raise Asher to be good and respectful man.

What went wrong?

I guess we'll never know.

What I do know is that things aren't like how they used to be.

Im not the same person I used to be.

And I refuse to go back to how it was before.

In order for that to happen, I need to continue to keep Asher at a distance, he needs to stay out of my life, for good this time.

Except I have no idea how the fuck I'm going to do that when he moved right next door.
________________________________
Hey guys, I'm really sorry for not updating. I've honestly had no inspiration and my writers block won't go away. A lot of you have been asking me when I'll update recently so I finally decided to muster up the inspiration and give you guys a small update. I'm really sorry for now short it is but I tried my best to get a chapter out for you. Anyways, with that being said, I'll see you in the next chapter. Byyyyeee ❤️

Word count: 612