•Chapter 11•

Briana POV
My whole body freezes.

I can't move.

Like I'm paralyzed.

Finally I regain consciousness and snap out of it. I debate on wether to stay or run to my house and never look back.

Locking myself in my house and never coming out sounds pretty nice right now.

I go to turn around but I get called.

"Hello? Miss? Are you one of our new neighbors?"

Well fuck....

I look over and it's Ashers mom, Sisleah.

Half of me is happy to see her and the other half is dreading it.

I turn around completely and give her a smile. I walk over but not too close.

"Yes....hi..." I said.

"It's nice to finally meet- wait....hold on....you seem familiar...have we met before?...." she says.

Shit.

"Uhhhhhhh-"

"You look so familiar....I can't put my finger on it...." she studies me.

*she gasps* "Briana?!?"

Bingo....

The one time someone fucking recognizes me.

I put on an awkward smile and laugh nervously "haha....yeah.....hi Mrs. King....."

She laughs in delight.

"I can't believe you're still here!! And look at you!! You really grew up into a beautiful woman!"

I smile slightly.

She always saw the beauty in me.

She was always so sweet to me.

Her heart was as beautiful as she was.

"Thank you...."

I look around to make sure Asher isn't anywhere.

Once I see he isn't around I look at her.

"It's nice to see you again Mrs. King."

"You too! And remember call me Sisleah. Wow. I can't believe after so long you're still living here. Are you still going to the same school?" She said

I nod.

"Yeah. But I live in a different house alone."

"Wow only 18 and living on your own already? Looks like you made a good life for yourself."

I smile and nod. "Yeah. My parents still live nearby just in a different neighborhood."

"That's amazing! It's great to hear from you again after all this time! I always wondered why you stopped coming over. You and Asher were inseparable." She said.

Huh?

He never told her?

I brushed off her question.

"It's great hearing from you too. I guess I just got busy with school. Anyways it was great seeing you again. I should get going. I have to record later." I really just wanted to leave before Asher came back.

"Aw. Recording? Are you an actress?" She asks.

"I'm actually a social media star. And influencer. I record singing and dance videos." I say with a small smile.

"How fun! I'll be sure to check you out! Anyways I don't want to hold you back any longer. It was amazing talking to you again honey." She said with a huge smile.