•Chapter 15•

Bri POV
It's been a couple minutes since we've arrived to the fair.

The smell of funnel cakes and sweets fill my senses.

I laugh at something Daniel says and nudge him gently.

Even with the loud ambiance of the place, there is still a calm feeling I feel with them.

My mind is at peace, even in the loudest of places.

The whole world gets shut out and it's just the four of us.

This, this is what true happiness feels like.

Then, we turn the corner.

My eyes meet with someone else's, someone's eyes that are much too familiar.

And just as quickly as it was made, that calm feeling is broken.

The loud and boasting noises suddenly become overwhelming.

The aura becomes bitter and cold.

I feel as if I'm becoming engulfed by the air around me.

My mind is spinning and my heart is pounding.

It feels as if I can't-

"Speak. Hey, talk to us, are you ok?" Kayla asks.

And just like that, I was brought back to earth.

Although my mind was back to reality, I couldn't help the tears welling up in my eyes and the pain that filled my heart.

The world around me shook, but my feet were stuck to the ground.

I nod slightly and look back at the direction of who those familiar eyes belonged to.

Asher mother fucking King.

Of course he had to be here.

How could I be so stupid.

I see their eyes follow to where I'm facing.

The look of realization quickly washing over their faces.

Before anything else could happen I started to walk, as fast as I could.

"Let's go, quickly."

They all are soon to follow.

I turn quickly to a secluded area and catch my breath.

Not from running, but from the way my heart raced when I saw him.

"I should have known he would be here, I just hoped he would have gone on a different day." I sigh.

"Hey, it's alright, but you couldn't have known." Danny said.

"Well now he knows I'm here, I guess I couldn't hide from him forever. But I didn't expect him to find out so quickly." I sigh.

I finally get a grip of myself and calm down.

I shouldn't be reacting like this after all these years.

"You know what? Fuck this, I'm done letting him affect me. We're going to go out there and continue having fun. I'm not going to let him ruin my day."

"Period, as you should bitch. Let's go have the time of our lives." Adelina laughs.

I laugh with her, and everyone else follows.

Laughter really is contagious.

Adelina takes my hand and pulls me back into the main area.

Danny and Kayla follow closely behind.

Although I still have some shock left within me, I brush it off to the best of my abilities.

"Piggy back ride!!" Adelina yells as she jumps onto Kayla's back, almost catching her off balance, but being able to keep her feet on the ground.

I laugh and look over to Danny who has his knees slightly bent and is looking back at me.

I smile and walk over to him, jumping onto his back, him easily lifting me onto his back.

"Giddy up!!" Adelina giggles.

"I will drop you onto the floor right now." Kayla remarks.

Adelina pouts and I snicker.

All of us go on ahead.

I swear, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have them to keep me balanced.
_______________________________
Hey guys!! Sorry for the really short chapter :'). My writers block has been really bad and I honestly had no idea what to write for the past 2 months. I just really wanted to get a chapter out for you. A lot of you have really been wanting one. Also thank you so much for 26k! I honestly never thought I would get to this point. Anyways, with that being said, I'll see you in the next chapter. Byyyyyeee 😗✌️.

Word count: 671