Chapter 1: Saving Betelgeuse

AN: After this chapter, I will just refer to Lawrence as 'Betelgeuse' as I don't plan on having young and old in the same scene again, if I do end up including them though then young Betelgeuse will be 'Lawrence' again!

Everyone had enough and saw what they needed to know about who their friend really was. "Beej, do you think we will be able to go home now?" Adam asked. Betelgeuse could see that the Maitland-Deetz had enough and were starting to feel down. They just wanted to go back home.

"Let's go back home now what do ya say? There is nothing else to see anyways" Betelgeuse said before getting nods of agreement. He snapped his fingers and the whole group felt a sudden jolt of energy run through them as their consciousness returned back into their bodies. Suddenly, the families looked up to see Betelgeuse now in a tour guide outfit complete with a hat that said "GUIDE" on the front of it. "Well, that's all there is to see here folks! Any tips are welcomed" he said now putting on a tour guide voice tipping his hat and bowing dramatically.

"Beej, you are a special man. You know that right?" Adam joked.

"My mom always said I was special, and if I wasn't special, I was an abomination." Betelgeuse replied, putting on a strange voice. The group laughed at the stupidity of the 621-year-old.

"Beej, just out of curiosity, do you think that you might be able to send me back in time to when you were 13?" Delia asked suddenly. Everyone gasped at the life coach's strange request.

"Um, Delilah, why do you wanna see me when I am 13 again? You clearly hated seeing me in such a state. Also, I'll have to come with you to get you back" Betelgeuse asked, confusion and fear in his voice. He didn't want to see his past trauma again for a third time.

"I know it sounds crazy Betelgeuse but there is something I must do, alone. It is really important, but I can't discuss it." she answered.

"Oh, okay, whatever you say!" he said before he snapped his fingers and Delia disappeared back to when her future adopted son was only 13 years old. As soon as she appeared there it wasn't just her soul there like before, she was actually there in person. To check she was there in person she went to kick a beer bottle across the floor in the streets and was successful.

"Sucks-yes!" she exclaimed at being able to save Betelgeuse from a traumatic past. Before going any further she decided to go to the Neitherworld waiting room and snuck behind the reception into a massive office like room. She looked high and low and didn't stop looking until she found it. Neitherworld adoption forms. Instantaneously she filled in the adoption forms "Name: Lawrence Betelgeuse Shoggoth. Birthday: February 5th, 1366. Age:13. Sign here: Delia with a heart on the 'I' Schlimmer" she read aloud. She was a little bit sad that she would no longer be married to Charles, the love of her life, but she had a plan to be just as close again. With a spring in her step and a smile on her face she ran over to where she knew Betelgeuse lived before getting banished.

As soon as she got there, she peered through the window to see what was going on and she heard yelling coming from inside. Delia saw Lawrence running away from Juno. From the corner of her eye, she could see Donny, his older brother sitting on the kitchen side with tears in his now black and bruised eye.

"L-Lawrence hit me in the face, all I did was tell him that he-he needs to do his c-chores." Donny cry-yelled.

"Aww, poor you Donny, don't worry about it, I will sort it out with him" Juno said comforting her favourite eldest son. Juno suddenly yelled "LAWRENCE GET YOUR NO-GOOD VICIOUS ARSE DOWN HERE!".

"Yes mother?" young Lawrence asked, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"Stand there!" she began pointing to a spot one foot away from her, he instantly obliged. "I should have guessed you'd be mixed up in all of this. Just what do you think you are doing hitting your brother, your only brother? I don't remember raising you like this." she scolded him. The reply from little Lawrence was one to remember.