Chapter 18: Harmless fun

Betelgeuse was just getting ready for work in his room, adjusting his outfit. He had barely finished brushing his hair when he noticed a quick shadow drift over his wall. Remus rushed out in front of him, shouting

"BOO!" and holding a fake knife to his shirt, as if he had been wounded. Betelgeuse simply grinned.

"Hey there, Rem! What's shaking?" He inquired, amused by his scaring tactic.

"You're meant to be!" Remus expressed his displeasure.

"Rem, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Nothing will be able to spook this spook. My nerves are built of steel!" Betelgeuse boasted, ripping a section of his face off to expose metal rather than bone.He had the appearance of an exceedingly unfit terminator cyborg.

"Well, I'm going to put your metal to the test!" Before entering his own room, Remus remarked. He went to unlock a drawer to fetch a film to watch, but instead saw a black and white striped package. He got a sinking sense that this had something to do with the demon, so he snatched the box and tossed it away. A little Betelgeuse, approximately 3 inches tall, came out as soon as he made touch with it, snakes snaking out of his hair like Medusa. With jazz hands, he screamed,

"Pop goes the beetle!" Remus fake yawned as he stared down at little Betelgeuse.

"Wonderful Uncle Beej! This is so childish!" He said this as he walked into his room, picking up the 3 inch demon who struggled in his grasp and tossing him into a pile of Betelgeuse's freshly washed clothes that smelled of ocean breeze and had no odour in sight, making Betelgeuse look horrified that his clothes were clean and smelling it as well. This was the cruellest joke he could have been subjected to. Or so he thought. People have no right to clean his clothing because he worked so hard to make the stench exactly the way he liked it. "Thank goodness I'm still a kid!" Remus murmured to himself. Betelgeuse grew back to his original size and mock-outrageously squawked at Remus, pursuing him downstairs and pinning him. He sat on top of the youngster, straddling his waist. Betelgeuse summoned Remus's phone and launched Spotify while listening to Hamilton the Musical on the speaker next to his ear. Remus mumbled angrily and attempted to hide his ears with his arms, but they were securely by his sides.

"Are you saying you don't like it?". Remus answered bluntly, puffing loudly,

"It's horrible."

"You don't want to hear this?" Betelgeuse cocked his head.

"I'd rather be tortured to death than listen to even a second of this!" Remus shouted and tried to wriggle his way free.

"OH MY GOD! You despise it! That's really hilarious!" Betelgeuse cackled and fell on his back, allowing Remus to release his hands and force Betelgeuse to sit up.

"What's so amusing about it. Maximilian Robespierre is unquestionably superior to Shamilton in every way. It's incomprehensible!" Remus grumbled.

"Oh my gosh, I'm going to use this, it's amazing! You're completely mad!" Remus let out a gasp.

"Don't even think about it!" Betelgeuse stopped laughing and gave him an evil look.

"Oh really? What are you going to do?" Remus warned him by pointing a finger at him.

"I won't think twice, Lawrence." Betelgeuse's grin widened at the adolescent calling him this was odd, but he liked how warm it made him feel. Betelgeuse reassuringly lifted his hands and looked aside innocently.

"All right! All right, all right, all right, all right, all right. I'm done with that musical," he said.

Remus gave him a sceptical glance as he wiggled his way out from under the demon.