Chapter 10: B-F-F-F-F's forever

AN: Love these two so much I had to make Remus obsessed with them! Also, the same colours as Betelgeuse's hair is the same as Remus's eye except green meaning relaxed and brown being normal

Betelgeuse was perplexed when the adolescent shifted a little before becoming attentive quickly, faster than a normal human being. With a start, this boy, who was plainly not in the best of mental and physical shape, sat bolt upright. Betelgeuse pushed him down gently and whispered that he was secure in his care, dabbing his forehead and rinsing bloody water into a black bucket. Like an uneasy puppy in their new forever home, the child shifted in place and moved away from the demon. After hearing this, as well as Betelgeuse's soothing (yet still raspy) voice, the teenager became more relaxed, and the demon finally got a good look at this child. It was not the least bit perplexing to notice that he had one brown eye and one black eye, but the fact it gradually faded back to brown. 

"Y-your eye!"

"How about my eye?"

"Uh, nothin'' He took a bit to notice, but he quickly realised he had a striking physical similarity to someone he knew. Alex. The adolescent who was intended to be his aide in an alternate universe

"May I inquire as to your name?"

"Remus!'' At this, Betelgeuse frowned. Despite never meeting 'Alex'/'Remus,' he enjoyed fantasising about the good times a different version of himself had. "How about you?"

"I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"If I tell you, you'll tell your friends, they'll call me all the time. I've got to go to shopping centres for openings, sign autographs, that stuff. It makes my life hell, okay? A living hell."

"Don't worry. A screw up like me can't have friends anyways."

"Well, you have me! Your B-F-F-F-F forever! But maybe if you have a pen...I know! Do you play charades?"

"Yeah."

"Good." Betelgeuse held up two fingers.

"Two words..."

"Right."

"Second word?" Betelgeuse was smiling now and kept his fingers in place.

"Uh-huh." The demon then began miming drinking from a glass.

"Drink?"

"No."

"Beverage?"

"No."

"Wine?"

"No!"

"Juice?!"

"Yes!" Betelgeuse jumped around excitedly before becoming professional again and held one finger up.