32 | The Secrets

"Where we going?" Owen asks shuffling in his seat, staring out the window as music plays.

With my lips pursed shut, I pay attention to the road.

"Millie, where are we going!?" He asks again, turning off the music desperate for an answer.

"Chill out! We're just meeting up with Carter." I click the music back on just for Owen to turn it off again.

"And where are we meeting him at?"

"Just at the school, Asher has a soccer game, now can you be quite?" I huff turning on the music one last time.

"Why are you snapping at me?!" Getting distracted by all his questions I decide to pull over on the side of the road.

Putting the car in park, I look over at him.

"Oh jeez, I don't know know maybe because you and my brother have been working together behind my back." I scoff at his ridiculous question.

"I already told you it wasn't like that I was just looking after you!"

"Yeah that's what you say! That's not what Kyle said! So you can't blame me for snapping at you because I have no idea what to do or who to believe, you or my twin!"

"I'm telling you the truth but you don't have to believe me, just trust yourself above all and go with your gut instincts." My body becomes less tense at his words.

What a strange thing to say if he really is guilty.

"I want to trust you, I really do but I've been trusting Kyle my whole entire life through thick and thin situations ever since we were born."

"He kept a major secret from you from behind your back so how trustworthy can he be!" Owen speaks bewildered.

"You both kept secrets from me!" I grip the steering wheel tightly letting my anger out.

"Two entirely different kind of secrets!" He emphasizes on different.

"I still don't even know if you're telling the truth!" I gasp out.

"Fine. Go talk to your brother again. Go question him once again and see if he can keep his facts straight, if he's telling the truth it shouldn't be to hard." Shrugging his shoulders, he rolls down his window.

"Ok, whats your facts then? If you're telling the truth it shouldn't be to hard to recall what you said earlier and answer my questions." I fired back.

"Ask away."

"Where did you guys first talk and decide watching over me was a good idea?"

"I ran into him around town-" I cut him off.

"Where around town?" I urge for more details.

"At the automotive car shop, I ran into him there and he complemented my car and then we started talking and I told him all about how I'm moving across town and he started talking about you and how you were going to a new school across town and he suggested if I was transferring schools I should transfer to yours and keep an eye on you since he was worried about you."

"That's why you randomly transferred out of nowhere with no car?"

"Yeah my car was still being worked on but I thought I might as well enrolled sooner than later."

"How long did you communicate with my brother for?"

"up until I found out Lucas was seeing a guy, I had suspicious once we got done that day at the park after we talked about the note and a few days later Kyle asked me about it and he got really furious about it and demanded I watch over you more and I kept pushing him to tell me what is going on but he wouldn't budge, it wasn't until you told me he was seeing a guy and I ended up questioning Kyle again and then I finally put two and two together and I stated I wasn't being apart of whatever he was planning." He spoke with a straight face and his lips pursed.