Chapter 1 ✨

Denise's POV

It was another regular day for me. The drive to Wellman was always quiet and I got my small coffee and headed to work. "Ah, Professor Gaines, how are you doing this morning?" Dean Richmond asked.

"The usual, quiet and happy." He gave me a quick smile before rushing two freshmans to class. The day was boring like always, no true excitement since Sherman left.

Every other day I think about what we could've been but I was the one who signed the papers, so who am I kidding? There was a soft knock at the door that took me out of my thinking. "It's open!" The door opened and a gorgeous woman walked in. "Hi, are you one of the professors here?"

"Why yes I am."

"Oh thank God. I'm new here, I'm the new replacement for Professor Sherman Klump, my name is Kehlani Parrish." She held out her hand and I shook it. "I'm Professor Gaines, Denise Gaines." I somewhat examined her hand and it had tattoos on it. They were extremely interesting but I realized how long I had been staring and holding onto her hand so I let it go. "It's okay, I like curious people." She licked her lips and smiled softly.

She was extremely gorgeous and her voice was so sultry. "Can you show me to my class, if you don't mind?"

"Oh no I don't mind at all, Klump's office was always down the hall from mine." I walked her down to Klump's old office and opened the door for her. "The students are on their lunch break but you should get a class in a few minutes so you might wanna start setting up before they get here."

"Thank you, and I will." I walked back to my class and I could feel a pair of eyes staring at me. As students entered the halls, I turned around to see Kehlani staring into my soul. Her eyes did something to me. She smirked and welcomed some of the students into her class. I quickly got myself together as students entered my class room. Throughout the day, I'd see her in the halls and she'd stare at me as I'd walk. I had never been attracted to a woman not even had feelings for one so I didn't understand what was going on. I didn't think I was gay so why do I suddenly feel a certain way around a woman I just met?

Kehlani's POV

I don't know what it was about her, but she seemed so innocent yet sexy. I wanted her for myself but I didn't want to come on too strong. As I was getting into my car to go home, I saw her struggling with a few books. "You need any help Professor Gaines?"

"Oh please, I'd really appreciate it." I picked up a few books and papers and helped her out them into her car. "Your car is cute."

"This little ole thing? I've had her for a while now, it's time for an upgrade."

"Or you could just get a different color, this car fits you." She looked at me and smiled. "Why thank you..I'll definitely think about it. Well I gotta head home, it's getting extremely late and I've got a cat to feed."

"You seem like a cat person." Denise giggled. "What's that suppose to mean?"

"It means you're cute Denise. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"You know it gorgeous." I walked to my car and got in. I quietly watched her leave and pulled off to go home.

~~~~~

Alright it's short for a first chapter but it gets longer each chapter I promise, hope you enjoy - kayla 💙