Brunch

~!~ Today's Good Omens Celebration prompt was Present!! I hope you like this :) ~!~

"Let's walk," Crowley suggested.

"What?" Aziraphale asked, looking up from buttoning his shirt.

"It's a beautiful day. Let's walk there," he responded, moving to hug Aziraphale from behind.

"But the restaurant is blocks away. Surely, you want to drive there?" he turned to look at Crowley whose head was resting on his shoulder.

"Nahhh. Want to go for a stroll with my angel," he nuzzled Aziraphale's neck.

Aziraphale laughed lowly. "Well, alright," he said, turning to kiss his cheek.

~×~

The sun shone down on them as they walked.

Aziraphale didn't know how Crowley wasn't burning up with all of the black clothing he was wearing, but he supposed he was prone to being chilly. It was warm enough that their intertwined hands were getting sweaty, not that either of them were thinking of letting go.

Aziraphale looked at Crowley. He wore an easy smile, his walk looking even more laid back than it usually did. The sun combined with his hair in a way that made it look as though he had delicately crafted flames just sitting atop his head. In a word, he was beautiful.

But the reason he couldn't seem to tear his eyes away from him was how happy he looked. He looked so comfortable that Aziraphale ended up feeling comforted as well. How someone could exude such carefree energy and still be so put-together Aziraphale thought he may never understand.

Just looking at Crowley made the angel want to give him the world, but with the confidence he already seemed to possess, who's to say that the world wouldn't bow down to him if he asked?

Aziraphale continued to watch as Crowley's lips quirked up a bit further. He squeezed his hand.

"Yes?" Aziraphale asked, being brought out of his trance-like state.

"You're staring," Crowley said, finally meeting his gaze. "Not that I mind, 's just... did a bird poop on my head and I didn't notice?"

"Oh- oh goodness, no, I-"

"Admiring what's yours?" Crowley grinned.

Aziraphale finally averted his eyes and coughed slightly. "Not exactly, no. I don't think of you as mine-"

"Only teasing, angel. But... what's up?" he asked, pausing their movement.

Aziraphale regarded him once more. His head was tilted to the side, a physical display of his curiosity. The small smile still lingered on his features, his posture still relaxed. He looked truly content and it made Aziraphale's heart feel as though it would burst out of his chest to sing an impassioned solo any minute now.

"I'm just happy to be here with you now. In the present."

Crowley's smile grew into a beam. "Ohhh, me too," he nodded. "We've got it pretty good, eh?"

"I'd say," he agreed, squeezing his hand and affectionately leaning against him.

"Y'know what'd make it better, though?"

"What?"

"Brunch!" Crowley declared, whisking Aziraphale back into motion.

His laughter echoed as they continued on their way to the restaurant. 

~!~ Thank you so much for reading!! I know, despite the title, they did not actually go to brunch in this story... but rest assured, I promise they went to brunch directly after this. It was lovely, Aziraphale miracled extra powdered sugar onto every item they got (even the savory ones... Crowley was not exactly pleased XD). I hope you have a great day/night <3