Let it Shine - Part 2

~!~ Hello lovely readers! I'm so sorry for the delay on this fic-- I actually finished part 2 long ago and forgot to post it! Hopefully, it is still enjoyable to read, even with the large bit of distance between part 1 and part 2. I hope you enjoy it!~

"Crowley. Wake up," Aziraphale said, gently tangling his fingers in the demon's unkempt hair.

"Mmmmmm. No."

Aziraphale chuckled. "You were so excited about this, I would be shocked if you'd changed your mind..."

"Hhhnnnnnn... shouldn't've let me fall asleep," he groaned.

"You were drifting off and I didn't want to end up repeatedly waking you! I'd rather only do that once, for both of our sake. Besides, you needed the repose."

"If I need it so badly then why are you waking me now?" Crowley's golden eyes finally opened to peer at Aziraphale.

"Because the sun is about to rise and you asked me to."

"I didn't. You asked me what I thought of watching the sunrise together, and I said it sounded great, and you asked if I realized that watching the sunrise would mean waking up early, and I said I did and that it would be worth it to watch the sunrise with you."

Aziraphale nodded at him.

"Oh, whatever," Crowley said, moving to hug Aziraphale.

"Does it still seem worth it to you?"

"Yes," came the demon's muffled reply into Aziraphale's shoulder.

"Marvelous," he kissed Crowley's head. After about a minute more of hugging, Aziraphale awkwardly patted the demon's back. "We'd best get up, we don't want to miss it."

"Right," Crowley said, lifting his head to yawn.

Aziraphale gave Crowley one more quick squeeze, then bustled out of the room to collect an enormous pile of blankets.

Before returning to their bedroom, he shifted all of the blankets to one hand and placed the other over the pocket of his pajamas that lay just over his heart. Closing his eyes, he paused for a moment to take a steadying breath. His lips twitched into a smile and he returned to the bed to now collect Crowley.

He tugged on the lamp chain and light flooded the room. Crowley hissed.

"We're about to go look at the sun, you know. Much brighter than this lamp," Aziraphale said pointedly.

"Sounds unbearable then," Crowley groaned, shoving his face in a pillow.

"I'm sure you'll manage," Aziraphale plopped onto the bed heavily and began running a gentle hand up and down Crowley's back. "Unless you-" he swallowed and his hand faltered- "unless you have changed your mind-"

"No, no," Crowley said, rolling over to face Aziraphale. "Mind's unchanging. Want to see the bloody sunrise. With you," he took his angel's hand and awkwardly brought his knuckles to his lips.

"Mmm," Aziraphale hummed weakly.

Crowley's eyebrows furrowed and he squeezed Aziraphale's hand. "Something wrong?"

"No! No, not at all," he gave him a smile.

The demon squinted at him. "You're worried."

"I just feel bad for waking you," Aziraphale explained, a little too quickly.

"Mmm. Well. Don't. Like you said, I asked you to."

"Yes..." he replied faintly.

"Angel," Crowley moved to hold both of his hands, "listen. I want to do this. I really, truly do. No need to get in your head about it. I love you, and spending time with you and a beautiful ball of burning gas sounds better than sleep to me any day."