Dangerous Words

~!~ Today is the last day of the celebration!! I'm going to miss it. But it was extremely fun! THANK YOU SO MUCH to anyone who has been reading these. You are amazing!!! Today's prompt was Spirit and I decided to make it about ghosts, so there is some discussion of death. I don't think it's dark/sad though, more just thoughtful. I hope you enjoy it!!! ~!~

"Crowley! Aziraphale!" Adam called as he and the rest of The Them bounded into the yard of Jasmine Cottage where the angel and demon currently sat side by side in two lawn chairs.

"What," Crowley barked, trying to sound extra gruff to counteract the spark of happiness he had felt in his chest when he saw the children's faces.

"Do you believe in spirits?" Pepper asked, reaching the pair first and stopping in front of them with her hands on her hips.

"Sure I do," he responded, miracling up a rather expensive bottle of wine and two glasses.

"Oh, my dear, you know that this was not the type of spirit she was inquiring after," Aziraphale scolded, despite graciously accepting the glass from Crowley.

"Yeah, no, we meant spirits as in ghosts," Brain piped up.

"Anathema says they exist but they are nothing like the ghosts represented in the media!" Wensleydale added.

"Would you two happen to have any more intel for us?" Adam asked in muted tones, leaning in like this was a top-secret question.

"Well, er... what exactly do you want to know?" Crowley responded to his question with a question.

"Can they really get attached to objects?" Brian wondered.

"Err..."

"That sounds a bit more like poltergeists, does it not?" Aziraphale said primly, taking a sip of wine.

"Yyyyeah..."

"Are they similar to spirits?" Wensley asked.

"Not- not really?" Crowley said. "Humans might group them together for being 'supernatural' but... eugh..." he shrugged.

"What?" Pepper demanded.

"I believe what Crowley is trying to say is that while poltergeists and spirits may seem similar when perceived by humans, they come from entirely different places. Spirits are sort of like... like someone's soul," Aziraphale explained.

"Do you two have souls?" Brian asked.

"'Course, we got souls," Crowley said, sounding mildly offended. He took a swig of wine.

"As do all of you!" Aziraphale smiled at them.

"So one day when we're dead we'll be spirits?" Adam suggested, sounding far too excited by this possibility.

Aziraphale's smile disappeared. "Ah... That's a rather..." he paused, seemingly searching for the right word, "morbid way to think of it."

Crowley snorted.

"But, yes, I suppose you will."

"Think they'll end up in Heaven or Hell, angel?" he asked, squinting at the children.

"Crowley! They- you-"

"Do spirits only go to Heaven or Hell?" Brian interrupted what was probably going to be a long lecture on not speculating where children's spirits were going to end up in front of said children.

Crowley opened his mouth to answer, but Pepper beat him to it. "Obviously not! How else would we have ghosts on Earth?"

"Hmm... how do we have ghosts on Earth?" Wensleydale considered. "It doesn't make much sense if all spirits are destined for either Heaven or Hell."