Shower

"Clumsy ass brat" Levi muttered.

He shook his head and turned his chin, the ghost of a smile faded from his lips. I pushed myself up and and brushed my hands on the knees of my pants, leaving scuffs on them. My fingertips grazed above my lips and touched my nose. I felt something wet slide across my fingers.

Levi noticed immediately and shot me a look. He winced and reached in his jacket, pulling out a white handkerchief.

He dropped it in my hand. The soft fabric was a welcome feeling

"Filthy" he whispered under his breath.

He stepped closer and grabbed my chin forcefully, tilting it down. His fingers were rough against my skin. I could feel his breath on my cheek. I looked up to avoid eye contact but couldn't help sneaking a glance.

His eyebrows were drawn together, little black hairs sticking up at the front of them. He wore a look of concentration. The tip of his thumb slightly stroked my jaw. It was so subtle that I almost didn't notice. He looked up and we held moment of eye contact. I had never been able to see his eyes this clearly. They were a shade of misty gray with flecks of white dancing through them. It was beautiful. I felt my breathing speed up a little. I looked down at his lips. We were so close...

"It's not broken" he said quietly

"I knew that" I said a little breathlessly.

His hand dropped to his side and he took a deep breath in. My jaw tingled, longing to feel his hand again.

He cleared his throat and stepped back. Crossing his arms he jerked his head in the direction of the cadets quarters

"You need to get a change of clothes, I can smell the blood from here"

I brought the handkerchief to my upper lip and wiped it. His earthy smell had soaked it and filled my nose. I resisted the urge to take a deep inhale.

"I can meet you back by Alrick when I'm finished changing, you don't have to come with me."

"I'll get some other cadets on it. Although I don't expect them to do a good job" he remarked.

"I hit my head, I didn't break my legs. I'll be fine."

"It's my job to make sure you kids don't kick the bucket, so I'm not just going to let you walk away."

Arguing with him was pointless. Realizing I wasn't getting anywhere I headed for my building.

Each room held twelve people. The beds were lined up in two rows of three. Mine was the bottom bunk on the right, next to the showers and closet.

I expected Levi to wait outside while I got my stuff but he followed me into the building.

An awkward silence fell between us. I didn't know what to say to break it so I grabbed my clothes and headed for the bathroom to change.

He raised his eyebrows at me. I gave him a confused look.

"What, did I forget something sir?"

"Tch, are you really gonna put clean clothes on without washing up?"

"Well that was the plan." I said slowly looking down.

He shook his head in disapproval and looked right at me.

"I don't want to keep you waiting... it would be faster if I just changed-."