Mission

Y/N pov:

The scouts are leaving today so training was cut short. We only had to train for four hours. It still killed me, like usual. I really need to work on my stamina. Eren poked my side.

"Hey y/n, looks like captain can't keep his eyes off of you. Something happen when he took you to the infirmary?"

"What?" I turn around to find captain Levi's eyes on me for a split second before he looks away.

"He's watching you like a hawk, you sure you didn't piss him off?"

"No, if your asking, I'm not on his shit list." Or am I? I wonder if making him fall on the ground got him that mad.

I go back to fighting. I chose Eren to spar with both because he's the closet to me and because of his remark. I throw the first punch which connects to his jaw. He responds with punching my stomach and folding me to the ground. I swiftly kick his legs causing him to hit the ground. He rolls over and try's to pin me. I'm not having this so I focus all my strength in my abs and flip over. Then I ended up pinning him, and thus winning. I stand up and brush the dirt off my uniform

"Good match, but you know, for a titan shifter you would think you would be a little bit stronger"

"Y/n!" He says

"I'm just saying..."

——————————

I was making my way to the mess hall when captain Levi walks passed me. He glared at me harshly. Yup I definitely pissed him off

"Meet me in my office in ten cadet, I need to discuss something with you" oh shit, he's like pissed pissed

"I-  um...okay captain Levi sir" I said, averting my eyes.

Ten minutes pass and I walk very slowly to his office. I don't know how he's going to punish me. I don't really want to run laps but I'm assuming I'm going to have to.  I approach his door and hesitate before knocking. I wrap on the door a couple of times

"Name and business" he said

"Y/n, you called me?" I said.

"Come in"

I opened the door and peek inside. I see Levi sitting at his desk with towers of papers stacked around him.

"Y/n. You probably already know why I called you in here?"

"Uh...yes captain...BUT hear me out. I saw an opportunity for revenge and I ran with it. I'm really really sorry" I say, cringing at my words.

"Tch, apologies don't erase what's been done. There's still need for punishment."

Ugh I knew I couldn't avoid it, well I can kiss my legs goodbye. I'm going to be running laps until next week.

"As you know, the scouts are leaving later tonight to reclaim wall Maria. We're going to be gone for three nights. I won't be here and neither will my squad. I need you to stay here and watch over my room and office. You will have to clean it spotless every single day and live in it so it doesn't get..." he shivers a little "dusty." He says that word with such disgust.

"Yes captain" I say in my most professional voice while saluting.

"You can sleep on the couch in my room. There's extra blankets in the closet. Just please make sure you wash them." He says the last part with furrowed brows.

"Oh of course captain. I won't let you down" I say in relief. This is WAY better than running laps for three days straight. Although I don't thoroughly enjoy cleaning, especially when I'm supposed to be on break.

"Report back here at six. That's when your punishment will begin. Oh and don't tell anybody about this. I don't want people thinking I'm lazy and can't keep up with my chores" he looks away but I don't catch what look he has.

I nod and turn around to head for the door. That wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be. He didn't have claws that lashed out or do anything to harm me. Maybe he's all bark no bite. I could see him being that kind of person. Trying to prove their strength by viscous words rather than actions... well there was that one time he kicked Eren.. but that's beside the point.

————————————

Levi Pov:

I get my gear ready as I prepare for the mission. My hands are shaking a little and the gas valve rattles to the rhythm. Petra who is standing right next to me notices and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" She questions.

"It's nothing, I'm just a little worried about the success rate and the mortality rate." Wrong awnser, I'm worried about you. This is the first mission we will go on after confessing. And I haven't even been able to kiss her back yet.

"Levi, we know that missions are dangerous. But if we succeed, we will save so many more lives than the ones lost in the battlefield. Every person has a purpose, and ours is to fight for humanity. In a sense, everyone we lose will live on only if we keep fighting. They will be there cheering us on from the heavens. It's not like their throwing their whole lives away. They will die with great purpose."

"Your right, I'm just overthinking it, thank you Petra" I try to turn my lips into a smile, but ultimately fail.

As we approach the walls on our horses, I get the same feeling I do every time I'm on the outside. It's a mix of adrenaline and awareness. It's like my body goes into hyper mode and suddenly I'm aware of all my surroundings. I can sense my squad trailing behind me and the rest of the scouts around me. I glance at Petra and pray to whatever greater power there is that she will make it out alive