Infirmary

Y/N Pov:
——————

Training today was a bitch. We had to use odm gear. Im not the best at it but I keep on trying anyway. Surprisingly it requires a lot of core strength. My abs were on fire and we weren't even halfway of the day.

I got assigned a partner to spar with. It was a girl with blonde hair. She was actually really strong despite her appearance.

She threw a right hook that I not so gracefully dodged. I lost my balance and tripped over a stray rock. I landed hard onto the ground. My vision blurred for a second and then I blacked out. My last sight was a person running up to me and kneeling down.

Click click click

I hear the light sound of metal clicking together as I fade in and out of conciseness.  Where am I? I take a deep breath and a clean but musky scent fills my lungs. Hmm I recognize that scent from somewhere.. but where? It seems like I'm being carried... by very muscular arms...

My eyelids crack open and I am met with somebody's jaw. They're carrying me bridal style. They haven't noticed that I'm awake yet so I clear my throat.

"Ahem, um what happened?" I said, my voice hoarse.

"Tch, you got knocked out cold at training, so I'm carrying you to the infirmary"

"Well now that I'm awake I think I can walk there myself" I said, a little unsure.

"No you can't" he replies with confidence.

"Okay well at least let me try, just because I got a little beat up doesn't mean I'm incapable of using my legs"

"Ugh fine shitty brat" he mutters so quietly I barley catch it.

He releases me from his hold and drops me straight on the ground. I gasp in shock at the sudden pain in my tailbone. He DID NOT just do that.

"What the hell was that for" I snapped. I looked up at him but was surprised to see a tinge of regret on his face. It was quickly replaced with a straight face as he answered.

"You told me to put you down, so I did"

"You're unbelievable" I huff as I try to stand up.

He offers me his hand. I look at his eyes and I take it. His hand is calloused but still smooth at the same time. His grip is comforting and strong. Wow his hands are so nice and warm... focus... I shift my weight to the balls of my feet and he pulls me up in one swift motion.

The second I'm upright I can feel my legs about to give out. My hand still in his I stumble forward a little. He moves so he's standing in front of me

"Are you sure you can walk? you're stumbling around like you've got a stick up your ass." He remarked

"Yes, yes, I'm fine. Now move over so I can keep going" I use my free hand to try to shove him out of the way. He doesn't budge, but I lose my footing and stumble again. This time my free hand grabbed his shoulder and held onto it as I felt my legs buckle and go out from under me.

Instinctively his arm wraps around my waist to keep me from hitting the ground again. He holds me up. Wow his arm muscles... His palm is flat against my back and there's a faint blush spread across my cheeks. He's watching me with a shocked expression. Almost like he doesn't know what to do next. He looks kind of conflicted. I look up at him and when our eyes meet for what feels like the first time, I know exactly what to do next

I get an idea for my revenge. If this man wants to drop me on the ground, I think it's only fair for him to end up on the ground too. I take both my legs and swing them around his so they connect with the back of his knees. His once locked legs crumple beneath him and he starts to fall backwards, taking me down with him due to his arm still being around my waist.
His eyes widen with fear as he hits the ground.

I landed on top of him, our chests nearly connecting. Well this was awkward. I try to ease that awkwardness by getting off of him but I only make it worse by sitting up

I was straddling his waist with him laying down in the grass. And oh boy did he look flustered. He was kind of pretty tho. His hair was back due to the gravity and it exposed his perfect forehead. He props himself up on his elbows as I hurry to try get off of him. Except there's a problem, I still can't control my legs. He puts a hand behind my back and another under my legs and lifts me into his lap. He stands up in the next second so he's back to carrying me bridal style.

"Tch, disgusting ground, got my cape all dirty" he repulsed.

"HAH now that was a good move, you have to admit. You thought you could throw me on the ground without getting the same thing back!" I gloated.

"Okay fine brat, you got me alright. Now stop moving around unless you want to crawl to the infirmary"

That got me to shut up. I didn't want to have to go to the infirmary all by myself. It was nice knowing someone, even if he's no more than a stranger, was going to be there with me.

——————————

When we got there he set me down on one of the white beds and called for the nurse. I don't know why exactly he was waiting for me. Maybe he just needed to know I got out of there safe.

"Okay so do I get to know your name?" I asked him. It would be strange for a person who doesn't even know your name to wait at the infirmary with you.

"I'm Levi Ackerman, but to you I'm captain Ackerman." He said as he gazed at the wall.

Woah, I had no idea he was a captain. So that must mean he is going to train us at some point. I immediately felt embarrassed of my ... actions earlier.

"Okay and what's yours brat?" He asked impatiently.

"I'm y/n l/n, it's nice to meet you, captain Ackerman"

"Tch, yeah you too"