Chapter ten

KJ's POV
I felt tense sitting up on the panel with the rest of my cast mates, the crowd in front of us cheering when the last person from the cast sat down. Camila sat on my right and she hadn't spoken to me or even looked at me since we spoke on the bridge. Cole was on my left casting glances at me every so often, like he wanted to say something but before he got the chance Madelaine had the microphone and started up introductions.

I pray that Clara didn't listen to Camila's interview otherwise she would find out something has been going on behind her back, but I'm sure if she did know I would have hundreds of angry messages by now so I think I'm in the clear.

After many questions for other cast members, I'm finally drawn out of my thoughts by a fan in the crowd with a microphone asking a question involving Cami and I. She looked around 15 years old and really nervous as she stared up at the panel, clutching the mic tight between her sweating hands "This is a question for Camila and KJ. Do you both believe Varchie will be endgame?"

I slowly look towards Camila, she was already gazing in my direction, indicating she wanted me to answer. I turned my head back to the fan before answering "Only time will tell aye? But there relationship is strong so there in for a fighting change of being in it for the long hall. I think there only problems for this season will be Veronicas commitment issues"

"I actually believe Archie, will be the one with commitment issues. We saw in season one that he was unsure of where his heart was leading and that will most likely follow through to season two" Camila adds. We were both no doubt not just talking about the show and our characters relationship anymore.

As I went to speak again Cole kicked my foot under the table and shook his head slightly "Leave it-" he whispered before being cut off by a shout from the crowd "Is Cami a good kisser?" They yell. I heard chuckling spread across the panel and I was surprised the hear Cami also joining in. I smile, everyone always wants to know if the steamy on scene kisses are really as passionate off screen.

"The best" Lili puts in before I can speak, obviously thinking of the iconic kiss in the pilot episode. Laughter to rippled through the room.

Once the laughter died down, I continued "She's great-" I can't even get the next word out when many cheers erupted from the crowd "Cami and I have been best friends for over a year now and I think I can speak for both of us when I say nothing feels awkward between us and we're always comfortable around each other" I glance at Cami and see a small smile forming on her lips as she looked at me and nodded along with everything I said.

I didn't notice the microphone being passed onto the next person in the crowd until it was too late, the question I had been dreading to come up was asked "This is a question for KJ. Are you and Clara still in a relationship? And if yes does Clara ever get jealous when you kiss other girls on set?"

My head was spinning. How was I supposed to answer this question? If I say we are still together Cami will know the truth. But if Clara found out before I got to talk to her our relationship won't end on good terms like I had hoped. No matter how I answer this is going to end badly. I let out an inward sigh. Camila is going to hate me and after what Charles just put her through she doesn't deserve this but I can't do anything now other than tell the truth "Yes, Clara and I are still together" I didn't even have to turn my head to see the hurt in Cami's eyes "And usually she doesn't get very jealous because she knows this is my job" I add, hoping my simple answer will be enough for this question to be over. Oh but I was so wrong.

The same fan with the microphone spoke once again "Do you think you and her will get married some day?" She asks. Out of the corner of my eye I see Camila's hands shaking in her lap, I desperately want to hold and her and tell her how sorry I am a million times over but right now we both have to put on a brave face "Like I said with Varchie, only time will tell" I chuckle nervously.

My answer was enough for Camila to push her chair back, standing up from the panel. I looked up at her and could tell she was only just holding herself together and if she stayed here any longer the crowd would witness her fall apart. She turned away from everyone, heading to the edge of the stage and out the back door. Not stopping for anyone.

I waste no time in getting up to follow her, ignoring the gasps from the crowd and scolds from our director. I stepped up my pace to a jog "Cams-" I reach out for Cami's hand once I was close enough and grabbed it, stopping her and spinning her around to face me. The fun reflecting her tears that had now fallen.

"Please let me explain-" I start only to be silenced as Cami ripped her hand away from my grip "Explain what exactly? How you've been lying to me? Leading me on? Promising a relationship with me while your still dating someone else!" More hot tears flew down her cheeks.

"I know not breaking up with Clara was bad and lying to you about it was even worse, but Clara had left the country before we had the chance to talk and when you asked me if I had already done it I didn't want to hurt you even more then you have been recently by me telling you Clara and I were still together" I say, not taking my eyes off her.

"I was so excited for us KJ. I thought about all the amazing times we've had together as just friends and I couldn't wait for us to expand our feelings as a couple but you ruined it" she has more tears forming in her eyes and I can feel my heart breaking more and more by the second.

"This can't be it. We can't be over before we even began. Please" I begged.

She lowered her gaze to the ground, shaking her head, slowly moving her eyes up to meet mine again.

"I should have known you weren't special. Your exactly like everyone else" she whispered before turning and walking away from me for the second time that day.

—————
I'm sorry I lied! This chapter did not end as happy as I originally planned !