Birthday

Chapter 2: Birthday

Bella POV:

Oh no, today I'm officially 18 years old, I thought to myself while waking up. In all honesty, I've dreaded this day since I began dating Edward. Over the last six months, I've noticed there are a lot of perks about dating a vampire, but him not ageing isn't one of them. He stays 17 for eternity. Meanwhile, I'm only getting older. Of course, you won't see a difference between us yet, but I'm afraid of what will happen five years from now.

There is no point in postponing the inevitable, so I jumped out of my way too comfortable bed and hopped into the shower. As I let the warm water relax my tense muscles, I grab my shampoo bottle and start washing my hair. Once the strawberry sweet scent filled my nostrils, I chuckled a little bit. The first time my boyfriend Edward and I had to sit next to each other in Biology, he turned away from me, as if he were disgusted with my smell. I was a little bit mad since I love the scent of my shampoo. Little did I know, it wasn't the smell of my hair he hated. He hated my blood, the second he could sniff it. It was a sweet temptation, and he needed to fight the urge to not kill me in that classroom. Thinking back to it, it might have scared me off, if it weren't for how irrevocably fascinated I was. Maybe he wasn't the weird one after all.

After my shower, I've decided to dress up a little bit. After all, it was still my birthday and I wanted to dress to impress. I looked out of my window to see how the weather will turn out. It's literally always cloudy and rainy here in Forks, where I live with my father Charlie. I absolutely hated it, since I was used to the sunny climate of Phoenix where I lived with my mother Renee. Because she got remarried, I've decided to go live with my father again, here in Forks. I would have never expected Forks to be the place where I would fall in love with the most handsome person I had ever seen. Jokes on me, when I found out he wasn't even a person either, but a vampire. I learned vampires sparkle in the sunlight, which is the reason why Edward and his family are located in one of the gloomiest climates on the planet.

Today was no exception to the rule. It was a cloudy and grey day, with a constant drizzle. I put on a pair of dark blue tights with a dark blue dress. I brushed my hair and put it in a high ponytail, so it would not blow in my face all the time. Looking at the few make-up items I have in my collection, thanks to the few shopping trips I took with Alice, Edward's sister, I decided to brush my brows, put on a coat of mascara and pair it with a coat of bright red lipstick. If I had to do it, I might as well excel at it. Unfortunately for me, shoes had to be comfortable and practical around here, so I put on a pair of sturdy boots. Looking at the mirror, I was quite happy with the person who was looking back at me. 

I quickly rushed downstairs. My father immediately came and greeted me. He gave me my presents, and I faked being happy with them. I was never quite fond of my birthday but this one, in particular, was my least favourite. Charlie couldn't know Edward was a vampire who didn't age, so I pretended to be as happy as possible for his sake. After all, he wouldn't want his daughter to be sad on her birthday, now would he? 

After saying my goodbyes to Charlie, I headed towards Forks highschool. Upon arriving, I saw Edward standing in the parking lot, next to his expensive silver Volvo. Seeing him caught me off guard a little bit. Even after dating him for over six months, I was still amazed that this beautiful creature belonged to me. I smiled to myself for being so lucky and hopped out of my car. I did not see her immediately, since I was so focused on Edward, but his sister Alice was standing right next to him. She wasn't his biological sister of course. Everyone here thought they were the adopted children of doctor Carlisle Cullen and his wife Esme. What they didn't know was the fact that everyone in the Cullen household were vampires.