Sleepover Fluff

Chapter 25: Sleepover Fluff

Bella POV:

I was hesitant to invite Edward to my room at first, but I realised I've missed it. I've wanted to sleep in his arms tonight and no one could stop me. And after a day like today, all I wanted was to cuddle and relax. Whisper sweet nothings to each other and fall asleep. Or at least, I would.

Edward had no clue what I was about to ask him. My cheeks turned red. I was sure he wouldn't turn me down, but I was still a bit shy. What if he would? I've made it pretty clear I didn't want him in my room at night anymore and I knew he respected that wish. Still, now that we've kissed, things were different between us, right?

Edwards forehead creased and I wanted to softly kiss that wrinkle away. Contain yourself, woman! Well, here goes nothing.

'Edward, would you please come to my room tonight? I miss you.' I confidently asked him, even though it was a little bit staged. Fake it till you make it, as they say.

His eyes lit up as he put two and two together. 'Are you sure, Bella?'

Of course! I batted my lashes at him. 'Yes. I'm inviting you.'

'Then I would love to come.' Edward smiled his dazzling smile and I was happy I was sitting, otherwise, I would for sure fall with how unsteady my legs suddenly felt.

'Good, good. Come once you hear Charlie's sleeping.' I tried to be a little bit distant and not show my eagerness for tonight but the corners of my mouth involuntarily lifted. There goes my poker face.

'Alright.' Edward absolutely showed his excitement. He started smiling broadly and I saw a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. He instantly relaxed and I saw a glimpse of pure euphoria flicker in his eyes.

Oh, who was I kidding? I started grinning at him. Yes, I too, couldn't wait for tonight, is what my eyes told him.

After our little arrangement, it was almost next to impossible to focus on Biology again, but we managed to pull through. I would even go as far and say we're finished with it but that could also be part of my wishful imagination. If we would not receive an A for this, I would not know what else we had to do.

And as much as I loved the Cullens, I was happy we could work on it without being interrupted.

I gathered my stuff and Edward walked me to my car. I felt a little bit tense with anticipation. I stood next to my car and my fingers played with my keys. Edward followed my gaze and his eyes lingered on my hands. He slowly looked up and I saw the dedication in his eyes.

He then wrapped me in his strong arms. My heart was almost bouncing out of my chest. He set his eyes on me with a seriousness that unsettled me and made me blush. I felt like I was melting in his arms and I had no clue where this would lead us. Oh well, no. I did have some ideas. I lifted my face to meet him halfway, making the angle to kiss me a bit smaller.

As if he needed that! Edward pressed his lips to mine, gently at first but more persistent as our kiss lingered. He opened his mouth slightly and put my lower lip in between his, while lightly sucking at it, tasting the sweet skin of my lip for the first time.

This new sensory feeling was almost too much to handle. He must have felt I stood quite unsteady at my feet, as he stopped kissing me like that and planted a quick peck on my lips instead.

'You didn't have to stop,' I pleaded with him. It was true, I just needed a quick minute to catch my breath again.

Edward raised an eyebrow at me. His eyes got a little dark edge around the irises again. I didn't like the look he was giving me and as a result, I wanted to show him I was good to go again.