Revelations

Chapter 21: Revelations

Edward POV:

'She kissed Jacob?' I whispered, defeated, crushed, in pain. I was sure everyone in the room heard my silent mumble. Esme felt a little bit embarrassed after hearing it, as she wished this would have been a topic of conversation for Bella and I only. Emmett was slightly amused by it, as he had to chuckle after seeing how jealous I instantly reacted. Alice wanted to control the situation. I could hear her thoughts loud and clear.

Edward, contain yourself!

She then showed me a vision of what would happen if I didn't, in fact, control myself. If I fled the room to smash something, leaving Bella behind more confused than ever, it would take me way longer to gain her trust back while maintaining a friendship. Bella would not understand the extent of my emotions and it would anger her tremendously. She would rightfully tell me I did not have a vampire claim on her and that she was allowed to kiss whoever she wanted. We would fight.

I had to control this nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach, even though it felt as if it could physically hurt me. I owed it to Bella, Alice, myself and the rest of my family to be on my best behaviour from now on. I absolutely had to.

Bella was looking at me, then she turned to face Alice, before she turned around to face me again. The silent conversation between me and my sister was not something she could have missed.

For the love of all that's good and holy, play it cool! Alice's mind shouted.

I snapped out of my surprised state. 'Yes, Emmett would definitely want to see that, I guess,' I tried and failed to sound as normal as I could as I wanted the conversation to return back to the topic we all had to laugh about. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Alice's thoughs were loud and clear.

Dumb piece of... Urgh.

A slight crease had formed between Bella's brows. I wanted nothing more than to kiss that little frown away if I knew she would let me.

'What did you just say?' she instead asked me, her tone harsher than I'd anticipated.

'What do you mean?' I tried to play the innocent card with an open posture, as if I had nothing to hide and together with my large and honest eyes, it was almost impossible for a human to resist.

She closed her eyes, trying to keep her head clear. 'Don't lie to me and don't act as if I'm a child. I'll ask you once again; what did you just say?'

Christ, just tell her the truth!

'Alright, Alice,' I hissed at my sister.

I looked at Bella. 'I'm sorry Bella. I saw Jacob...,' I cringed at mentioning his name, real mature Edward! '... texting you. And Alice tried to give you your privacy, so she blocked your conversations with him, from me. And that text message made the blocking go away, so I just saw you kissing him, in Alice's mind, if that makes sense.'

Bella glanced over to Alice, a smile beginning to form on her beautiful rose lips. 'Thank you, Alice, I really appreciate it' she said with real affection. She then turned to face me with a slightly annoyed expression on her face. 'And as for you, Edward, why did you molest that couch?'

'Oh shit, oh snap,' Emmett chuckled while Esme shot him an angry glare. She mentioned they both needed to leave the room to give us some privacy.

'Can't I just watch? I promise I'll be very quiet,' Emmett almost couldn't hold his laugh anymore. I could imagine this conversation would be considered funny if watched from the sidelines. But at this moment? Not so much.