Fever Dream

Chapter 28: Fever Dream

Bella POV:

Would it ever end? I felt I had already thrown up for a few minutes but it continued and continued. The sour flavour in my mouth felt disgusting and I felt tears forming in my eyes. Did I catch the stomach flu somewhere?

'Are you alright, Bella?' I heard Edward worriedly ask from behind me. Damn it, he wasn't supposed to see this. He was supposed to stay in bed.

'Go away,' I ordered him as I felt another wave of sickness creeping up and pushed my head back into the toilet. He did not leave but instead, came closer to me and held my hair in his hands, so that I would not accidentally get my vomit onto it. He sat behind me and stroked his cold hand onto my forehead and I liked the cold sensation. After I was finished, he gave me a glass of water.

'Thank you, but you should have left, just as I asked you to,' I said to him. I was a little bit embarrassed by this. I mean, come on. Who wants her boyfriend to sit next to her while she vomits? Case and point.

'Next time, I will. I promise. And Charlie's coming,' Edward said before he ran off and left me alone in the bathroom. Seconds later, the door opened and Charlie looked concerned at me.

'Bells, are you alright?' Charlie asked.

'I think I have the stomach flu, Dad. I've been throwing up a lot,' I said to him. His forehead creased.

'I'll call the school tomorrow to tell them you're sick, don't worry. Do you need some medicine? The pharmacy might already be open, I could drive there right now.' He mumbled while he took a step backwards, as if he was already on his way. I smiled at him to let him know I did not need that.

'It's just the stomach flu, Dad. I'll be fine. I'll just try to sleep it off,' I assured him.

Charlie nodded. 'If there is anything I can do to help you, please tell me. We could go see doctor Cullen tomorrow.'

'Dad, that really won't be necessary. But thanks anyway.'

After I assured him another time everything would be fine and I did not need any help right now, Charlie left to try and sleep a bit and I got up from the bathroom floor and went into my room. Edward sat on the bed and made room for me to lay down next to him.

'I really don't feel too well,' I whispered to him, so that Charlie did not wake up. The acid made my throat burn and I felt a little bit nauseous.

Edward kissed me on my temple. 'I'll stay with you, Bella.'

I looked up to face him. 'What do you mean?'

He placed his cold hand on my forehead and the difference in temperature felt wonderful. 'I mean that you won't have to be alone, if you don't want that. If you want me here, I'll stay with you. I can feel you're starting to heat up a little bit so I think you also got the normal flu, next to your stomach flu. So, if you need some company, I'm happy to stay here.' Edward kissed my temple again.

Thinking about staying in with Edward made me feel warm and fuzzy. Thinking about staying in with Edward while I was sick made me uncomfortable though.

'Please, just go to school tomorrow. And maybe stay away for a few nights.' I told him. 'But I want you to stay tonight.' I nestled myself into his embrace and closed my eyes. I made sure my warm head was resting on his cold chest.

'You don't have to feel embarrassed. I want to be with you in sickness and in health,' Edward whispered into my ear. I was so tired that I did not catch the popular wedding vow in that single sentence.