Epilogue

Chapter 30: Epilogue

Bella POV:

Ah yes, today I'm officially 21 years old, I thought to myself while I hopped out of bed and rushed towards the shower as fast as I could after a rather short night. I needed morning showers to really wake me up, as sleeping was out of the question right now.

I quickly saw Edward's amused face as I gathered all my clothes and utilities to stay in the shower for as long as humanly possible. Before I closed the bedroom door behind me, I gave him a little smile. He became used to seeing me this excited for my own birthday, which was surprising considering my first birthday spent together didn't go exactly as planned.

But, the parties that followed were absolutely wonderful, and I was excited to see what Alice had planned for this one.

I hopped into the shower and let the warm water do its magic. I grabbed my shampoo bottle and started washing my hair. The strawberry scent was as relaxing as ever and I took my time to really enjoy it this morning.

After my shower, I dressed up a little bit. I had a whole arsenal of new clothes to choose from as I had gained a few pounds over the last couple of months. I've decided to put on a dark blue dress, which I knew was one of Edward's favourites. I blow-dried my hair, brushed my teeth and opened the bathroom door to meet Edward.

'Happy birthday, Bella,' Edward greeted me. He looked at my outfit and his eyes sparkled with desire. 'You look as elegant as always.'

'Thank you, Edward. But flattery doesn't get you very far. Now, where are my presents?' I teased him. But I could tease him all I want, my heartbeat gave away that I actually enjoyed his compliment very much.

Edward grinned and softly kissed me. As I was greedy, I opened my mouth to deepen our kiss.

'I thought I would be your present.' Edward teased me back.

'Who knew you could be such a cheapass?' I grinned. I knew Edward was far from being a cheapass. After all, the shower I just took, I took in our very own house in Port Angeles that he bought for us.

And it was perfect. Small but cosy, and partly hidden in the woods. We actually wanted to buy an apartment but owning a house made it possible for Edward to behave more naturally and freely for him. Now, we didn't have neighbours so he could run down the stairs without having to listen to the thoughts of others, to see if they have noticed him.

However, we did face one problem though. Charlie. We told my dad that Edward bought the house from his inheritance. Which wasn't a total lie as he did have a rather large inheritance. But, his family had more money due to their shares.

Next to that, Charlie was a bit hesitant to see me moving to Port Angeles while I could stay with him. After countless discussions and even talking it through with Carlisle and Esme, he eventually agreed it would be a great step for Edward and I.

And it was.

'You'll get them later, I promise.' Edward kissed me real quick before he walked towards the kitchen to make me breakfast.

In the meantime, I grabbed my bag and shoved some Biology books in it. I looked at our room and tried to remember if I missed something. My mind has been really foggy these days. Pleased with it, I also walked downstairs. As I entered the kitchen, I noticed Edward had also prepared lunch for me. I smiled at him, sat down and ate the cereal that Edward had made for me.

After I was finished, we headed towards Peninsula College Port Angeles. Upon arriving, I saw Jessica standing in the parking lot, next to her boyfriend Owen, and Angela. They were waiting for us. Jessica kept looking at her watch and I had to hold in my laugh. She was so impatient sometimes.