𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙 𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑦: 𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑤𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛

{A/N: hello again! This is another blood warning}

"Going out again?"

"Yes. And tonight will be the last time."

Speranza smiled. "It seems as though these walks have been helping you. Stay safe my love."

"Will do~" and with that, Kai walked down the hall and out of the castle. Speranza turned her attention back to the twins, who were cooing and wiggling around in their cribs without a care in the world. She continued to watch them until she was sure that they had both fallen asleep.

She sighed wearily, and looked out the window longingly. She was enthralled by the dazzling red color of the moon. "I really hope your papa is okay," she whispered.

Suddenly, two guards burst into her room, clearly in a panic.

"Careful! You'll wake the twins!" Speranza said in a hushed tone.

"M-my queen, it's an emergency! We just received word from Loey that the king got attacked in the forest!" One of them wheezed.

"WHAT?!" Without a second thought, Speranza slipped on her riding boots and went to grab the Black Pearl, which Kai had made into a special necklace for her... but it was nowhere to be found...?

It doesn't matter now, she thought. I simply must have misplaced it.

She pushed past the guards and darted down the hall.

"W-wait!! Speranza, what are you doing?!"

"It is none of your concern, just watch the twins until I get back!"

"Don't leave just yet!" The guard grabbed a sword off the wall and held it out to her. "It's dangerous to go alone, take this!"

Speranza grabbed the sword, continued her sprint through and out the castle, and hopped atop her horse, which she rode into the forest. She searched all around, trying her best to use the moon's red glow to help her see, but there was no sight of Kai. Speranza pushed on, and then saw that there was a clearing up ahead that led to a beach; then, when she got closer to it, she saw Kai up ahead, sitting at the edge of the water.

She hopped off the horse, ran right up to him, and threw her arms around him.

"Oh, Kai!" she exclaimed. "I was so worried, the guards said that you got attacked—"

"G-GET AWAY FROM ME!" In a panic, Kai pushed her off of him and took very large steps away from her.

His forcefulness caused her to fall to the ground and she stared up at him in shock.

"Speranza, please leave right now. You see that I'm fine, so leave."

"NO!" She shouted angrily. She started towards him, making him take even more steps back. "Kai, I can not take this anymore! Just please! Tell me what is going on right now!"

"I can explain it at all tomorrow—"

"No, Kai!! Just please, tell me now!"

"It is too dangerous for you right now!!"

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what is wrong with you!!"

"Fine! FINE!!" He retorted, then, softening his voice, "fine, I will tell you, alright? But, just stay right there and don't get any closer."