☁️ 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ☁️

{3rd Person POV}

After next week, all of this will finally be over. I can finally sort everything out with the boys and we can all finally be close again. After next week, all of this will finally be over...

Y/N reminds herself of these things as she walks to cheer practice. It wasn't as though she didn't like like The War— in fact, she loved events like these; at Wonderland, she was always excited for these things. She just hates the stress that comes with them. She's barely seen her friends in weeks, oh, how she missed them... Sehun, Kyungsoo, Lucas, Baekhyun...
Jongin...

As she walks, Y/N glances up at her surroundings, and who she sees down the hall fills her with an immeasurable amount of joy.

"Sehunnie!!" she breaks out into a sprint and tackles him in a hug... which he doesn't return back?

"Sehun?" the shorter girl looks up into his face and she barely recognizes him. He isn't looking at her softly, like usual; instead, it is an icy, emotionless stare.

"Oh... hello Y/N."

"Hey... how've you been? We haven't seen each other in a while."

"I've been well."

His voice is so flat, so dry... "...I'm happy to hear that Sehunnie! Well, um, I'll be on my way. Have fun at practice!"

He doesn't say goodbye or even wave to her as she walks away. When Y/N gets far enough, she decides to whip out her phone.

[𝗠𝗲 💃]: 𝗛𝗲𝘆, 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆? 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗺... 𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁.

[𝗦𝗲𝗵𝘂𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗲 🌑🥀]: 𝗜 𝗮𝗺. 𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗯𝘂𝘀𝘆 𝗜'𝘃𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻.

[𝗠𝗲 💃]: 𝗢𝗼𝗼𝗼𝗵 𝗼𝗸, 𝗜 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝘁. 𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗼𝗸? 𝗜 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 ❤️

[𝗦𝗲𝗵𝘂𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗲 🌑🥀]: 𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄.

Y/N reads over those two words more times than can be counted. 'I know'? No 'I love you too'? Something is definitely—

She is so fixated on her phone that she doesn't notice that she is approaching a staircase. Y/N is sent flying down, tumbling over each stair and she tries putting her leg out to stop herself, but her ankle bends from the force of her body going so fast. She finally ends up on her abdomen at the bottom, groaning loudly from the pain. She's sure she has some scrapes and bruises, and her ankle is throbbing painfully.

After an eternity, someone finally comes to her rescue. She's effortlessly scooped up into their strong arms and carried bridal style away from the stairs. She looks up to see who her savior is, and she's pleasantly surprised.

"... Jongin?" Woah, he's really strong!

"Are you okay Y/N?" he whispers, voice deep and gravelly. He's looking down at her with a very worried expression.

"I hope so..." she answers. "Are you feeling better? We haven't talked in a while..."

"We're talking now~" he jokes, making her giggle. "And eh, I feel a bit better."

Jongin carries Y/N all the way to the nurse's office, and there's no one else inside. He carefully sits her on one of the chairs as if she were a delicate porcelain doll.