Chapter 3

-SYBIL

“you ok?” Ntando asks, I blink a few times and nod.

“I’m ok. I made contact with her,” I say to him.

He frowns, “And what do you think?” he asks.

“She doesn’t know she’s a Leiria witch. She went to consult with Max Walmer,” I say to Ntando and he squints his eyes.

“Wasn’t he shunned by his coven?” Ntando asks and I nod.

“he was. I need to get to her before she turns to him to guide her. She’s not safe being trained by him,” I say to Ntando.

“So how do we find her?” Ntando asks.

“We don’t do anything; you know how mom and dad want you to focus on school. I’ll find her, she goes to the same university as Ethan” I say, and he nods.

“What are you two doing?” Sibu asks walking into the room, we let go of each other’s hands and look up at her.

“I had a dream about a witch last night, I made contact with her. Her ancestors want me to help her but now she’s consulted with Max Walmer and we worried she might be in danger,” I explain standing up and so does Ntando.

“Walmer is not as bad as our covens paint him out to be. He’s not the big bad wolf he’s been painted out to be, he might just mean well,” Sibu says and I frown.

“You don’t know that” Ntando interjects.

“yes, I know. He’s not the big bad wolf in the story. I’ve met him and made contact with him before and he never hurt me,” Sibu explains walking out.

“Because you’re a powerful wolf. Even if he wanted to, he couldn’t have. And then you have Ntando and myself protecting you” I explain, and she rolls her eyes.

“Max is not evil, if anything this witch is safe. Which bloodline is she from anyway?” Sibu asks.

“She’s a Leiria witch” I respond and Sibu’s eyes pop out in shock.

“Stay away from her. Her family practises dark magic!” Sibu says.

“her ancestors would have never come to me if they didn’t think I could help her,” I argue and Sibu shakes her head no.

“Sybil for your own safety I would like to suggest that you stay away from this witch. You’re a tribrid syphon witch, you’re special and everyone wants to get to you. Not every witch you dream of is meant for you to help.” Sibu says sternly.

“what are you kids up to?” Grandma Nelly asks walking into the room.

“Nothing.” I say the same time Sibu speaks.

“Your grandchild wants to help a Leiria witch and I’m advising her not to,” Sibu says and I roll my eyes annoyed.

“You don’t want to do that Syb, there’s a reason that entire bloodline was wiped out” Nelly says, and I frown confused.

“What do you mean they were wiped out Leli?” Ntando asks before I could.

“their magic is dark; their magic is impure. Nothing like the magic we practise. Unlike us their entire bloodline was cursed because of something someone from their bloodline stole. It's a lot really,” Nelly explains, and I frown still confused.

“See? Stay away from her.” Sibu says and walks out of the room.

“Leli explain, a lot is not adding up.” I say to her and she lets out a sigh and sits comfortably on the couch about to explain.

“Back in the 1800’s, the Leiria witches lived in Salam in search of a rare diamond that powered the witches of New Jersey. The diamond gave the witches of that place pure power, it made them stronger and it was not meant for any one particular witch to own. The very first Leiria witch, Alex stole the diamond for himself with hopes that the magic from the rock would bring back his one true love but that didn’t work because once the diamond was removed from it's source it would only place a curse upon the entire bloodline making their magic impure and dark,” Nelly explains.

“And how do they then remove the curse?” I ask curiously.

“It would take a syphon witch to remove the curse placed upon them. A powerful one too.” Nelly explains, “I know what you are thinking Sybil and no, if you dare interfere, I will tell your parents” my grandmother says.

“Gran come on; my duty is to help witches. I was literally created to serve and to help new witches” I say in a pleading tone.

“Your magic is pure Sybil; you are a gift from the ancestors to serve pure witches and not those that practise dark magic” Nelly says.

“We cannot just crucify her for a crime she knows nothing about Leli. You were forgiven for betraying your own coven, you were given a second chance to redeem yourself. Why can't she be given the same?” I ask.

When Nelly was pregnant with my mother, she tried to abort my mother more than once and, on both occasions, she was then cursed to never be able to get anywhere near mom without causing her physical harm. When Nelly made things right, she was given a second chance and she was then allowed back into the coven.

“That’s low” Nelly says.

“Is it? I find it unfair that you can be forgiven and given a second chance while someone, a child if I may add knows nothing of her history or entire family. There’s a reason she wasn’t wiped out with the rest of her bloodline, what if she’s the light of the dark they committed? Her ancestors took a risk in even coming to me because if word came out that they even contacted me then they would be banished in the underworld too. Think about it, Leli” I say to her.

“I don’t think it matters what I say or think anymore because either way you going to help her. What do you need me to do?” Nelly asks and I smile.

“We need to convince the regent of the witches to give her a chance to redeem her family’s bloodline. A chance to make things right on behalf of her family.”

.

.

To Be Continued