Chapter 9

JOY LEIRIA

I wake up on a bed and I look around me and remember that my aunty rescued me from myself. The tea helped calm me down and gave me a peaceful sleep without dreaming about what I have done to my mother. Weird enough the guilt is gone, I don’t know if it's a good thing or what but I feel different like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I get up and off the bed and head on out to find my aunty.

“Aunty Nale” I call out.

“Down here baby” she responds and I head down the passage and into he lounge where she sits on the couch watching something on TV.

“How are you doing?” she asks.

“Like a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I no longer feel bad about what I did to my mother” I admit and she pats beside her, I walk over to sit beside her.

“The herbs I gave you have a calming effect. The guilt is still there but it's not as strong as before, we need to teach you to harness your magic and how to control it, we don’t have enough time” she explains and I frown confused.

“Time for?” I ask her.

“A long time ago, our ancestors ruled over the witches of this country, our great great great grandmother was the mother regent of the witches until they stole the title from us and cursed us making us weak and our magic not as strong. You are the only one that can help us regain our status and remove the current regent. Our ancestors need you Joy, I need you to help regain our magic as it once was” she pleads and i see the hurt this has clearly caused her.

“What do I need to do?” I ask her and she places her hand over mine.

“What I am about to ask of you is not easy but Joy we have to practise sacrificial magic, we have to give something to our ancestors in order for them to help guide us in the right path” she says and I nod.

“Of course, tell me what we need to do and I’ll do it. Teach me everything there is to know” I plead placing my other hand over hers and she smiles.

“We need to channel your sister”

.

.

MAX WALMER

“I don’t know what to do anymore” I admit communicating with her father who has just showed me what's happening with his daughter.

“you can no longer link yourself with her because it will only make you one with her. You just need to keep Faith safe and away from Joy. We need you and Sybil to find a way to syphon the tea out of Joy’s system. As long as she has that tea in her system then she remains evil and unable to hear or see reason. You need to get to Faith first before Joy and Nala do because once they channel a hybrid they become unstoppable and if they sacrifice her they become even more powerful” Her father explains and I nod.

“Please just bring my daughter to safety and teach her the right way” He pleads and I nod and then he vanishes. I let out a breath and then make my way out of the basement and call Faith.

“Max?” she answers.

“You need to come to my house now. I’ll send you the location” I say to her.