Epilogue

1 YEAR LATER

JOY LIERIA

It's been a difficult year for me. The witches weren't happy with me, I have cruciefied and humiliated and most of all shunned by the covens of this place for the crimes I committed but thanks to Sybil and her family I guess the witches were linient on me with their punishment. I’m still not able to perform any spells or so any magic ever since that night my father punished me. Max and Sybil have been teach me the basic spells, they say I need to believe in myself that I can do it but how do I begin to do something that made me kill people and almost kill my only living family?

Faith still won't talk to me after what I almost did to her and I don’t blame her, Max has tried to talk to her and tried to help mend our relationship but what I did was unforgivable and I accept whatever punishment she sees fit for me because I don’t know how to forgive myself after what I did. School is going well I guess, I mean I’m just living because I have to, either than that I see nothing to live for after everything I have done to everyone around me.

My phone rings and it's Max, I let out a breath and answer his call. He’s been the best thing to ever happen to me, so loving and patient and forgiving of my crimes. I can't begin to thank him enough. He and I are friends, good friends if I could put it like that and I’m happy with that and also Sybil is a good friend to me.

“Hey” I answer.

“Oh? Have I done anything?” He asks and I frown confused stopping in my tracks.

“I don’t understand, why?” I ask him.

“Your tone is not as happy to hear from me. What are you doing?” He asks and I chuckle.

“I’m going to my next lecture. What are you doing?” I ask him.

“I am driving to see my little brother, he’s playing today and he asked me to be there” He says.

“That’s nice, good luck to him” I say and I hear him let out a breath.

“You know we connected right? I know when you not ok. What's wrong?” He asks me and I let out a breath.

“This other witch from one of the covens goes here to this same university and she was more than happy to teach me a lesson” I say with a heavy sigh.

“Who is she?” He asks.

“I don’t want to go to war with the covens Max, lets just leave her be please” I say. This is why I don’t tell him things because he always wants to come to my rescue.

“You paid for your sins Joy, you cannot punish yourself forever. You can't let this witch walk all over you over one little mistake. You were manipulated into everything you did, it wasn’t you but the dark magic inside of you” Max says and I shake my head no.

“Still Max, I allowed the dark magic to take over me and now I have to pay the price. Please just pretend I didn’t say anything so that we can just go on with our lives. I’m just tired” I say with a sigh and he lets out a breath.

“Go to class ok, I’ll see you after your classes?” he says.

“Yes, bye. Enjoy the game and great Ethan for me” I say.